New Games the Week of March 16th

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...

Worms: A Space Oddity - Mar 17th - $49.99
Worms-Wii001boxart_160w.jpg

In Worms: A Space Oddity, players can enjoy the ultimate blend of classic Worms game modes and single-player missions, as well as multiplayer modes that include a host of all-new party games and even more customization options. The Worms battles take place across six planets, each with its own, unique environments and global events. The game takes advantage of the Wii's intuitive controls, on-screen hints and the redesigned interface with an in-game help system. The online multiplayer experience pits up to four Worms fiends from all over the world against each other.

SEGA Superstars Tennis - Mar. 18th - $49.99
SSTwii_finalboxart_160w.jpg

SEGA Superstars Tennis features classic SEGA characters - including Sonic the Hedgehog and Ulala from Space Channel 5 - plus some of the most unusual courts and outrageous settings ever imagined in a rousing match of tennis. Developed by Sumo Digital (the team behind the enjoyable Virtua Tennis 3), this title features a toal of 15 playable characters (and a host of SEGA icons cheering on from courtside), each with their own over-the-top tennis skills. Courts are SEGA-themed too, with Green Hill Zone and Samba de Amigo's Carnival Park.

Target: Terror - Mar. 18th - $39.99
TargetTerrorWiiboxart_160w.jpg

No description...

Won't be purchasing any of these, especially not Sega Superstars Tennis and Worms: A Space Oddity. What mostly turns me off about Worms: A Space Oddity is the excess advertising (not just on this site, but others too).

Budo said:
According to Wikipedia, Target: Terror was a light gun game released in 2004 for the arcades.

Link

Ghost squad band wagon!

Yeah no online for worms, plus a $50 pricetag means bad sales. Superstars Tennis will do ok I think.

I plan on getting worms for sure! Love that series! It has a brand new Solo mission, but is said to have a way toned down multi player form so might not end up being my favorite.

Sega Superstar tennis. Hmm not sure I'm honestly not a huge fan of the Mario Tennis series but this one also has a bunch of characters I like so I'll rent it before I buy it. See if they pull it off better than Nintendo has so far. Maybe deep down I just hate tennis. ha ha

Target Terror.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Ghost squad band wagon!

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

It better be good for 39.99!

I picked up HOD:2&3 and Ghost Squad for 29.99 new. GS may have been more when released though not sure. Still by todays prices it better be good.
Now I love On-the-rails shooters specially on the Wii, it brought the genre alive for me again. I have friends comming over to play them all the time like we are 12 year olds with buckets of quaters at the arcade.

But based on the price of this game it better only be a notch below RE:UC and alot better than the other 2.
For some reason I doubt it is.

HOD:2&3 is great so far BTW!

Nothing there that interests me, Worms did sound good a few months back but the lack of online turns me away.

CantGetAWii said:
Nothing there that interests me, Worms did sound good a few months back but the lack of online turns me away.

Yeah, without that online it's just worms with a few extras.

YYYYYYYYYaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy I've been waiting a Long time for Sega Superstar Tennis or any other Tennis Game besides the wii sports one.

The only game i'm buying from this weeks list is of course Sega Tennis. I'm planning to kick some tennis butt with my pal samba de amigo. Does anyone know when Top Spin3 is coming out for wii?

It's listed as Q3 nothing more than that so far. Iv'e always hated the big sports titles. The only ones I can seem to get into are the ficticious ones.

Back