New Games the Week of March 23rd

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...it is "O" week!! Show them your O face! Octomania has online???!

Emergency Mayhem - Mar. 25th - $49.99
emergency_mahem_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

Emergency Mayhem puts the player at the helm of the three emergency services in a frantic race against time to hold together Crisis City, a mad metropolis falling apart at the seams.

Combining chaotic driving sequences with arcade mini-games, you'll be in stitches controlling the frenzied police, fire service or paramedics as they dash around the city from one emergency situation to the next. With over 30 missions, it's a non-stop time crisis where you'll be rescuing people from burning buildings, defusing bombs and more.

MiniCopter: Adventure Flight - Mar. 25th - $29.99
MiniCopterWiiboxart_160w.jpg

Bring the popular RC hobby onto your television screen with MiniCopter: Adventure Flight on the Wii in the spring of 2008. Using the exclusive control features of the Wii, gamers have full control over their MiniCopter -- choose from the Wii Remote tilt, pointer controls or play with a Classic Controller! Engage in 42 missions in 7 different environments from a child’s bedroom, hospital, hotel room and more! Use your air cannon and lift suction to discover hidden areas and coins. Outfit your helicopter with a variety of body kits and parts that can alter the performance of your heli and improve your scores in Mission Mode. And battle against your friend in a Race for the Rings Mode to see who’s the best helicopter pilot!

Obscure: The Aftermath - Mar. 25th - $29.99
ObscureTheAftermathboxart_160w.jpg

The sequel to Obscure takes place two years after the gruesome events of the first game. The survivors have gone on to college and try to return to their normal lives. After the discovery of a beautiful but strange plant on school campus, events take a turn for the worse. Soon, the college students have to battle for survival once again.

Players of Obscure The Aftermath can choose their character and one AI controlled sidekick. In total there are six playable characters, each with their own unique abilities. These can be switched at various points in the game. Due to the game's co-op feature, friends can join at any time to team up and attempt surviving the game together. There are many available weapons to keep the monsters that hunt you at bay. Light might be the players' biggest ally because you never know what's lurking in the shadows.

Octomania - Mar. 25th - $19.99
OctomaniaWiiboxart_160w.jpg

On a peaceful day in the land of Lonronpia, Kari, an apprentice magician, is summoning up her favorite treat. When her spell goes horribly awry, hundreds of thousands of colored octopi suddenly rain down from the clouds. A guardian angel appears before her, asking Kari to rid the land of the octopi and undo the damage of her failed spell.

A multiplayer puzzle game for Wii, Octomania features hallenging puzzle gameplay, online multiplayer, and a variety of different play modes, Play alone, alongside a friend, or against a random player online!

Opoona - Mar. 25th - $49.99
opoonae10boxart_160w.jpg

Opoona is the story of a boy who is a descendant of brave warriors, known as Cosmo Guards. These Cosmo Guards strive to maintain universal peace. During a trip to the planet Landroll, Opoona becomes separated from his family. His brother and sister are missing, while his parents are hospitalized with serious injuries. In order to search for his siblings, Opoona must get a job and a “license” to travel between colonies. Thus, Opoona’s adventure begins as he struggles to establish a life for himself on this new planet. Opoona is a “lifestyle RPG”. The player must adapt to a new environment, meet new people, get a job, all while becoming aware of the precious world and people surrounding him.

Summer Sports: Paradise Island - Mar. 27th - No price
No picture...
Summer Sports: Paradise Island uses your Wii system to turn your room into a luxurious island resort! Check into the Paradise Island Resort and explore the vast array of recreational activities in this lush tropical environment, such as Basketball, Croquet, Lawn Darts, Badminton, Volleyball, Horse Shoes, and Mini-Golf. Bump, set, spike, throw, putt, shoot, swing, and more -- all with intuitive Wii Remote gestures! Summer Sports: Paradise Island - Enjoy your stay!

King of Clubs - Mar.28th - No price...
No picture...
The sun blazes down relentlessly here in the Nevada desert. Route 66 is nearby but not that many cars pass this way. You could say it’s rather deserted…but all that is set to change because Big Bubba, the state’s leading entrepreneur is about to transform this less than lively location into a thriving tourist attraction! But y'know, you can't be too careful. Big Bubba has had one hell of an idea for drawing those tourists and their greenbacks into his new business venture...

This is the setting for King of Clubs - an engaging trick-based action puzzle game. The game boasts a distinctive vintage Americana graphics and soundtrack, along with its appealingly humorous multiplayer mode. The game has 96 levels, including 10 multi-level challenges, plus bonus areas, and offers hours of game play and a host of gadgets.

Obscure looks alright, but I cant say that for the rest. Wont be game shopping this week.

Last edited:
Obscure and Opoona seem like the only worthy ones there, which will probably end up being rented by me. My next Wii game will be Mario Kart unless something comes in between now and April.

Awesome. Crap and really Japanese looking crap. Given the choice, I'd take the crap.

The Emergency Mayhem is kind of a neat idea. Anyone ever play SimCopter (put out fires, chased criminals, saved people, etc. from a helicopter in a 3D city)? That game was great.

Yeah my next game will probably be Mario Kart. I hope Opoona sells well though so they make more RPGs. Although that might give them the idea to make Opoona 2 which wouldn't be the goal.

Midna101 said:
I wish! That would've been cool. I would've screamed if there was one being relesed tommorow.

I know, but they announce Zelda games like a year in advance to market the product, and raise speculation. Anyway...back on topic.

Looks like Emergency Mayhem, Mini Copter, and Summer Sports have been delayed! Oh well...

I saw Emergency Mayhem a few weeks ago on Amazon. I think they are the ones with a video, and some stills.

I'm really looking forward to that game. It's like Crazy Taxi meets Wario Ware Smooth Moves. Two of my favorites. I was hoping it would be a cheaper title though.

Back