New Games the Week of Nov. 4th

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...Mario and Sonic, Game Party sound interesting to me. As well it sounds like the boxing one is wifi??

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Nov 5 -Three years have passed since the great war that ended in the death of Mad King Ashnard. His country of Daein suffers under the rule of the war's victors. Now, a small band of freedom fighters struggle to end the long, dark night of Daein's oppression. Micaiah, Sothe and a host of others -- the infamous "Dawn Brigade" -- rally under the banner of Daein's long-lost prince to bring a new day to this ravaged land.

The best-selling strategy title makes its Wii debut, with 16:9 widescreen support, newly added for the North American version, bringing a truly epic experience. Command the Dawn Brigade and learn the story of their struggle. Then, gain a new perspective by joining Ike and the Greil Mercenaries as they watch Daein's battles spread throughout all of Tellius. Players can shape their armies to suit their strategy by choosing from dozens of unique characters. Players can also build support relationships between their characters - as their relationships grow, so do their strengths as they fight together on the battlefield.

Game Party - Nov 5 - Game Party for the Wii is a collection of classic skill games from around the world, from American sports venues to European gathering spots. Using the Wii's unique control interface, you can play classics such as darts; modern favorites such as table hockey and hoop shoot, or participate in multiplayer trivia contests. More than a half dozen games are available. It's the ultimate party game.

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None - Nov 6 - And Then There Were None is the first title in a series of games based on the books from legendary mystery author, Agatha Christie. In this classic story, 10 people -- each with something to hide and something to fear -- are invited to a lonely mansion on Shipwreck Island by a host who, surprisingly, fails to appear. On the island, they are cut off from everything but each other and the inescapable shadows of their own past lives. One by one, the guests share the darkest secrets of their wicked pasts. And one by one, they die...

Agatha Christie fans, and newcomers to the genre, can look forward to a series of unexpected turns; although the storyline stays true to the original concept, players will encounter new plot twists.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008 - Nov 6 - no description...

Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity - Nov 6 - An adventure/RPG based on the 3D animated action-adventure television series, Code Lyoko is about a group of students who uncover a parallel universe called Lyoko inside a super-computer that is threatened by a virus that could destroy the universe. Four ordinary students -- Jeremy, Odd, Ulrich and Yumi -- must help a virtual humanoid creature named "Aelita" to stop rogue computer XANA's latest attack on their real world.

Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour - Nov 6 - In Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour for the Wii, players tour the world as the pop princess herself and live the dream of rock stardom. Players dance with their Wii controllers as Hannah dances with you on stage to earn devoted fans worldwide. Off stage, players design the look of each show, including stage settings and wardrobe, and even special effects and pyrotechnics.

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Nov 6 - Building on the success of both LEGO Star Wars videogames, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga enables families to play through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever. From the Trade Federation's "negotiations" with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace to the space battle above Endor in Return of the Jedi, The Complete Saga allows players to kick some brick through 36 Story Mode levels, including Episode II's newly added high-speed pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wessell. Traveller's Tales has revamped levels from the original LEGO Star Wars to match the gameplay evolutions found in LEGO Star Wars II, and Prequel Trilogy characters can now be mixed and matched with those from the Original Trilogy -- more than 160 in all. Features include new playable characters, an upgraded character customizer, and new bonus levels.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Nov 6 - Marking the historic first time these two renowned stars have appeared together in a game, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games has players competing in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Using a supporting cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, gamers will be able to compete as or against a range of lovable personalities including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails and more. Innovative usage of the Wii control systems to maneuver a favourite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal.

My Word Coach - Nov 6 - My Word Coach, developed in collaboration with linguists, helps players improve their verbal communication and vocabulary in a fun way. My Word Coach can be played alone or with friends.

Showtime Championship Boxing - Nov 6 - Based on the popular Showtime Championship Boxing series, the Nintendo Wii game will feature 14 boxers fighting it out in four different fight locations—Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. Using intuitive body movements, the Boxers can block, dodge, punch, and throw combos in three different modes. The Title Belt fight mode will take the player through multiple rounds and opponents in a quest to become champion of the world. Players can also take advantage of wireless capabilities when fighting head-to-head with a friend.

OMG! a hannah montanna game! my life is complete.

jk im not getting any of these. maybe cabellas but theres no info on it... so probably not a good game.

I'm not gonna get any of these allthough there are some good ones coming out such as Fire Emblem and Mario&Sonic at the Olympics...

I'm thinking of Fire Emblem, but I need to see more videos or a review on it before I decide. The combat I've seen so far from it looks boring. Not the fact that it's turn-based, it's more that the attacks don't look very spectacular in general. If it's going to be turn-based, it needs to have some flash to the attacks, since you're just going to be watching them unfold automatically.

I want an RPG to play badly for the Wii, but I'm not sold on Code Lyoco. I haven't seen the show, so it won't be to rely just on that alone - in my case at least.

thanks for the info, i belive mario and sonic olympics thingy isnt gonna sell very good, due to the lack of hype

I am looking forward to Fire Emblem.
Should be a killer game.

The rest don't attract my interest as much, although Hannah Montanna is seeming rather inviting. :lol:

Once again, only one game seems to jump out at me and that game is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I can't wait for the European release.

I don't know what to expect from Mario and Sonic. Probably won't get this, but I will read the review nevertheless.

Back