New Games Week of March 22

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
Not a bad week...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - March 23 - $39.99
final_fantasy_CC_eot_wiiesrboxart_160w.jpg

A triumphant return from a monster-infested forest marks the completion of the 16-year-old hero's coming-of-age ceremony. However, the hero's joy is short-lived as a young village girl is found to be afflicted by a mysterious illness known as "crystal sickness." Determined to obtain the cure, the hero steps out of the secluded village for the first time, only to discover a world in which crystals are merely artifacts of the past and no longer exist. Maintaining the intuitive control scheme of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates and enhancing the gameplay experience with an integrated system that allows players to switch between the single and multiplayer modes in-game, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time is set to take multiplayer gaming to new heights as it brings together Wii and DS users from around the world.

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars -- The Director's Cut - March 24 - $49.99
BrokenSwordWiiboxart_160w.jpg

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars – The Director's Cut builds on the original, boasting a new and explosive narrative interwoven with the first story. New puzzles have been added for Nintendo DS and Wii that specifically utilize Nintendo's unique control methods. The game also features stunning animated facial expressions drawn by Dave Gibbons, the artistic genius behind the comic book and upcoming movie, Watchmen. The game starts with the player in control of charming Parisian photo-journalist Nicole Collard, who witnesses the brutal and horrifying murder of one of Paris’s richest and most influential statesmen. During her investigations, which feature exclusive new locations, Nico meets amiable American George Stobbart, who has been unwittingly caught up in the sinister and bloody theft of an ancient manuscript. Together, they are drawn into a terrifying conspiracy rooted in a long-forgotten medieval legend. Expanding on the original classic storyline, The Director's Cut features tight scripting and an intense atmosphere from the explosive opening sequence to the gripping finale, where the full threat of the conspiracy is revealed.

Cate West: The Vanishing Files - March 24 - $39.99
cate_west_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

No description

DT Carnage - March 24 - $29.99
dt_carnage_wii_esrbboxart_160w.jpg

In DT Carnage, drivers must be prepared to bring everything they've got onto the tracks as they find themselves racing for their reputation, honor, and ultimately, their lives. Relying on speed alone is no longer enough as explosives and weapons are used on a regular basis making violence the ultimate means to an end in the underground racing world. Still think you have what it takes to be a DT racer?

Monsters vs. Aliens - March 24 - $49.99
monstervsalienswiiboxart_160w.jpg

This game is based on the 3D animated picture by DreamWorks Studios -- who are you rooting for, the Monsters or the Aliens?

MotoGP - March 24 - $49.99
mgp08_wii_boxart_hiresboxart_160w.jpg

MotoGP for Wii puts the player at the center of the world's premier motorcycling championship by letting them join a team and compete alongside their sporting heroes in all three race classes -- 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP. The game features a scaled and competitive AI which adjusts within limits to give a more enjoyable race experience on the lower levels but shows no mercy in the higher levels.

DT Carnage actually looks pretty good (as in the static images look good):
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/driving...m_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;img;1

Here's the trailer for it:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPPBNVWQYm4[/ame]

I've never heard of it before now, so went looking. Seems like some kind of Burnout/Twisted Metal hybrid. It doesn't look like there's any sort of damage modeling though other than when a car blows up. Might be fun for the budget price however.

that crystal chronicles game looks interesting. I think I'll get it if it gets good reviews, of if some of my friends get it.

^1Up gave it an "A"

When you play co-op, in your group of four it can only be 1 Wii and 3 DSs.

Broken Sword will be awesome, it's just around the corner :D
Although I'm working all week so I won't be able to play it until next weekend.

my personal opinion. horrible week. the only reasonably good game looks like moto gp. ive always hated final fantasy and games like that. nothing interests me at all. just MY opinion so get all over my back.

Broken Sword looked alright from what I've read/seen of it so far, other than that it seems like an alright week.

Last few weeks have been better IMO.

FF Chronicles EOT is a DS game PORTED on the wii. dont waste your money on it. get the DS version if you must.

Carnage looks pretty fun, I think I may have to pick it up!

Well, Amazon lists this game with a release date of May 26, 2009, so I don't think you'll see it this week.

I did notice the PS2 version came out late last year, and IGN gave it a 'meh' rating of 5.2. I'd be willing to bet the Wii version will just be a lazy port of the PS2 version...

It's good to see people show new games to new Wii owners that unknow what games buy and avoid the crappy and shovelware games...

FF Chronicles EOT is a DS game PORTED on the wii. dont waste your money on it. get the DS version if you must.

Yes, this makes sense, but I don't have a DS. So if I wanna play this game in the cheapest manner possible(excluding Illegal means), I will probably be getting FFCC for my wii(if I even get it that is....)

All these are either shovelware or ports. garbage. crappy weak week.

the motogp game is very well done, and cannot be considered a port (to an extent) or shovelware. if you dont like it, fine, but it isnt a cheap ass effort with motion controls tossed in.

Back