New Games??

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2008
So new games are 1080p only? Will they downscale to 480 to work on a current wii? Or you have do you have to buy a new wii u? Would be cool if they could work on both just look cooler on a new wii.

All this time people have been complaining that the Wii's graphic capabilities where lacking. Are we now going to get a line of people complaining the Wii U's graphics will be too much? Ah, it never ends.

But to address what I think you're really talking about: the Wii U is a completely new system and will not be compatible with the Wii, i.e. you will not be able to play Wii U games on the Wii. If you want to play Wii U games, you will need to own a Wii U. You will, however, be able to play Wii games on the Wii U and use all the Wii peripherals.

So new games are 1080p only? Will they downscale to 480 to work on a current wii? Or you have do you have to buy a new wii u? Would be cool if they could work on both just look cooler on a new wii.

New Wii, new tech.
I reckon they wont work on the Wii as they are on new discs

He's right! Look:
Video Output:Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

(Hey, I'm still alive!)

Last edited:
Back