NEW info on MARIO GALAXY

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
Well, I already guessed the storyline part (if it changed it wouldn't be a Mario game would it?) but I never knew about the 120 stars so thank you for the info. I hope it's longer/harder then SM64, just 'cause everyone loves a challenge (namely me :))

Even I reported about the six worlds and different costumes.

CantGetAWii said:
Japanese publication Famitsu provided new details about the suits and worlds of Super Mario Galaxy.

The game will feature six distinct worlds containing multiple planets for Mario to traverse. The planets will vary greatly in terms of size and style, based on themes of fire, ice, water, sand, fruit and more.

Mario will have access to suits that give him special powers - a gameplay component inspired by Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES. The Bee and Boo suits are two such garments. The Bee suit will alow Mario to fly for periods of time, climb sticky surfaces and use a stinger. The Boo suit transforms Mario into a ghost that will be left alone by other Boos.

Mario's basic arsenal of moves, such as the butt stomp and long jump, will remain intact for Galaxy. Mario will also be able to collect multi-colored stars that grant him an extra life for every 100 obtained. The stars can be used for shooting enemies and performing special attacks, as well.

Super Mario Galaxy is planned to be released in the Americas on November 12. The game is expected to arrive in Japan and PAL territories around the same time.

The Wiire will have more on Mario's galactic Wii adventure as information
becomes available.

But its all good man.

i'm glad i could help if i did, didn't know you posted that can't get a wii! my bad, i guess i freaked out when i saw it the first time:lol:

cheers lad, i hope marios new moves are in ssbb

Wiired said:
Well, I already guessed the storyline part (if it changed it wouldn't be a Mario game would it?) but I never knew about the 120 stars so thank you for the info. I hope it's longer/harder then SM64, just 'cause everyone loves a challenge (namely me :))

I agree, I hope they use a different aproach for Super Mario Galaxy. We all know that in Super Mario 64, there was a total of 120 stars to collect to completely finish the game. However, people have finished the game with only 16 stars. In Super MArio Galaxy, I hope they make players use the game to it's full potential and make people collect all the stars if they would like to complete the game. No shorcuts, just rich, colorful and exciting gameplay.

Moving on, I must say that some of the new pictures look fantastic and some others don't appeal to me. It's a nice find none the less, Wii-Fi. I'm sure we won't be dissapointed with the game, after all, Mario is Nintendo's icon.

I'm sure it will be. So many people love Mario 64 that Nintendo's bound to use it for some influence. Never got to play it myself, but with VC I will finally be able to.

What I hated myself was Super Mario Sunshine. Well, not quite hate, it was a decent game, but it didn't feel like a Mario game.

I've been thinking about the whole "Galaxy" thing, and I don't know if I like it yet. They couldn't have just made a clone of 64, as that's not like nintendo, but something about going upside down under a space mass that's only about 10 times bigger than you, and jumping from rock to rock with a star just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I'll eat my words when I actually play it though, which can happen occasionally.

The other parts of the game look nice though.

Edit: I agree with FR. Why bother playing through if you're just going to take the short way out. Of course, the first people did it just to show they could, and I'm sure they played the full game through at some point anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah there should be extra incentives when you collect all 120 stars, something useful, won't matter to me if there isn't though, still looks pretty good. There's nothing on his back so i don't think it wil be like sunshine, what a diappointment. i bought it played for 5 days and lost interest as soon as i played every level. Glad you like the screens

I liked seeing the release date the most :smilewinkgrin: Cant wait for this game along with Brawl. This will be a great winter

Back