Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New iPod

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Lounge' started by cookiemonsta11111, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. cookiemonsta11111

    cookiemonsta11111 Huge Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2007
    Messages:
    366
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Victoria, Australia
    Wii Friend Code: 2154-9969-3510-2243
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    Hey Guys,
    I desperately need an iPod, but i don't wanna buy a Video, cos i think they are getting old.

    Does anyone know anything about a new iPod soon to be released?
     
  2. tank

    tank Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1,090
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yes...there have been rumors of an iPod that is pretty much an iPhone, without the Phone. Full screen touch screen. Movies, video, maybe even WiFi.


    I'll scrape around for the link...I have it booked somewhere.

    But if you want to look on your own. Macrumors.com is a good site.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tank i heard the same rumor by word of mouth. i doubt it will come out anytime soon and ive never actually seen a link on this thing either :( my guess is that if it did come out, it would be after the new year. thats my assumption anyways.

    now cookie, what are you looking to get if you dont want the video? and why an ipod? is it for the size? or because you think they are cool? if you dont have much music and videos, get a little cheapo made in china MP4 player. i have one from www.uxcell.com its called the "spectrum" and its 4Gs. its rather neat. plays my movies, music, games, photos, has a built in radio, i like it for what it does and it was only 79$ after shipping. ive got roughly 500 songs, 2 full movies, 3 music videos and an NYPD training video for cover and concealment (about 30 min long)- that right there is about 47% leaving me with 53% space left :yikes:

    again its just for the mean time until a newer ipod comes out right? let me know what you think
     
  4. Brawny

    Brawny Anglophobiphile

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2006
    Messages:
    6,522
    Likes Received:
    129
    Location:
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Wii Friend Code: 5385-4035-7079-0395
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    *couph*creative*cough*

    but yeah.....any new i-pod would be a long way off.
     
  5. sherwood3570

    sherwood3570 infused

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Michigan
    Wii Friend Code: 1830-2062-7374-0757
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    Touch screen Ipod huh? Sounds cool to me. I like the Phillips and Lyra myself.
     
  6. cookiemonsta11111

    cookiemonsta11111 Huge Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2007
    Messages:
    366
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Victoria, Australia
    Wii Friend Code: 2154-9969-3510-2243
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    I need something with a lot of Storage eg: 30GB, Video, FM Radio (preferable), and easy to use and organise and iPods are the easiest to navigate and organise, so yeh!
     

  7. well mine does all that but unfortunitly is only 4G :( well you can always buy 8 of these things for the price of one ipod lmao.

    sorry about that. just buy a refurb or something. ebay is your friend
     
  8. Brawny

    Brawny Anglophobiphile

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2006
    Messages:
    6,522
    Likes Received:
    129
    Location:
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Wii Friend Code: 5385-4035-7079-0395
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I still think you are showing a little brandname bias....

    a zen vision will do all the same things....for like $100 less...and about the "navigation".... you just have to allow yourself to get used to it.... I'm much faster on my microphoto than my friends Ipod...

    do you have a PC or a Mac?
     
  9. ericlewis91

    ericlewis91 im McLovin

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2,290
    Likes Received:
    29
    Location:
    London,Ontario,Canada
    Wii Friend Code: 6031-8713-1077-8188
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    cheap checking macrumors.com

    new ipods around fall 2007
     

Share This Page