New Kid Icarus Passwords!!!!!

Dude! Great Tip!!!

Have to admit, I figured that out myself...

But you know you're going to get a bajillion views with that title

:thumbsup:

As a side note, I've played through the VC game and have passwords for every level (gaining Strength, Endurance, Hearts, and Items as quickly as is reasonable) and it was really a lot of fun. Took me back 20 years...

I did kind of hope that they would fix the level 1-1 save glitch, but I can only imagine how much bitching that would have caused.

Too much information on the glitch for those interested...

The glitch causes you to be unable to save on 1-1 and retain any items. When you beat the game and start over at 1-1, you still have the extra weapons, hearts, points, strength, and endurance that you gained. In order to save all that stuff though, you have to make it to 1-2 and get a password. Die on 1-1 and you'll get a password, but when you use it, you have nothing...it's exactly like starting the game over from scratch.

This is probably a bit of leftover code from the Famicom version where you have 3 save states instead of passwords. When you complete that version it stores your score (or not) in a Top 5 on the Title Screen and you start over from scratch. So after you beat the game, make it to 1-2 and you can play through the whole game again, just in a ridiculously overpowered state.

Last edited:
is it me ,but does it seem like the japs got a more complete version of the game. i mean the us version completely lacks a title screen ,or a save setup beside passwords. Where as this wasn't the case with the jap version. Although with that in mind the game is still great. Its busting my balls to play it as it is pretty difficult for me.

It is a challenging game... I would rate it as harder than Metroid...if I was trying to learn it now, I don't think I'd get very far.

Combination of old age diminishing my skills and not as much gaming time...

Maximo said:
is it me ,but does it seem like the japs got a more complete version of the game. i mean the us version completely lacks a title screen ,or a save setup beside passwords. Where as this wasn't the case with the jap version. Although with that in mind the game is still great. Its busting my balls to play it as it is pretty difficult for me.

The Japanese version has 3 save slots like Zelda, but the US version should have a title screen...I think you can skip past it if you hit start though...

I actually like the password system better, cause you can keep a lot of your stuff if you beat the game and then save on 1-2 or higher. Being able to kill the grim reapers with two shots instead of God knows how many it takes the first time through is nice...on the Famicom game, you lose everything and start over from scratch every time...

Actually, if anybody has beaten the Famicom version, did the final level seem a lot shorter than on the US release? I swear it was about half as long...

id have to admit this game is pretty damn hard, i Fing HATE those flying snakes, they piss me off!!! i always get killed by those

Back