New Laptop!

40GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
memory i believe is for helping to run programs and stuff, ever on an old computer try playing a game or something and it says: Out of Memory, or Not Enough Memory

Macbooks are awesome. I made the mistake of buying a Powerbook G4, about 3 months before the Intel Macs were announced. Wish I would have waited as I don't get much use out of my Powerbook, other than a great GUI and awesome video editing power. Which is useful for my uni course, but being able to run Windows in dual-boot warrants the purchase of a Macbook, whether you like Macs or not.

Good to see most of the people here aren't Windows fan-boys, flaming someone for suggesting a Mac.

Mac lol
I know some one with one
Him said:
I had to find some diffrent drivers to get it working

And im not a windows fan
<<Throws brick
disdent sound of smashing

I got a Laptop about two years ago
and its still good

get a mac and get the program that lets you use xp on it that way it sllek plays games and has editing and all that

Woot you mean a windows emulator
I might have one on a disc someware

Dude. Dells are awesome! My friend bought a $300 Dell and it's doing awesome and it's even better than my $500 computer, only thing mine wins in is processing speed!

Sovieto said:
Dude. Dells are awesome! My friend bought a $300 Dell and it's doing awesome and it's even better than my $500 computer, only thing mine wins in is processing speed!
Yeah, dude, dells are awesome....for the first few months, then they crap out. Sorry, but people who don't know much about computers seem to like to fall back on the "get a dell" recommendation and it's such a bad thing to say. I took Compter Certification Technician class this year and the first day when someone mentioned dell, the teacher immediatly jumped on them and said "never say that word in my class again, thanks."

I also don't understand why people really ever try to get laptops when they want to do a lot of gaming. If you want a good gaming rig, look on google for recommendations on parts and build your own PC that can really give you an amazing experince.

That being said, I've seen some videos of MacBook Pros and even MacBooks that play Half-life 2 surprisingly well. If you do want to do some somewhat good gaming on a portable, get a MacBook with atleast 1GB of RAM, but if you can afford it, go with a MacBook Pro since they have true video cards, again with atleast 1GB of RAM. If you want to run something in Windoz, either use Boot Camp to boot into Windoz, like for games, or use Parallel's Desktop to run windows while running Mac OS X; yeah, two operating systems at the same time. You can even run Linux, so that's all three major OSs on one laptop.

If you don't like Macs, which really doesn't make much since to me...try one for more than 10min, figure out a few of the keyboard shortcuts, try out Hot Corners for Expose, etc. and you'll probably like it.

i've had my dell laptop for 2 years and works fine its weird how tech people hate dell there really easy to deal with its weird how people hate them

Icetrash said:
Its the luck of the irish.... only 50% of Dells computers continue to run after 3 years, its a known fact

It is? :lol: I would like to see history books that state that.

pizzaluvr said:
parrelels doesnt support enhanced 3d gaming
Not yet, but I've heard they're getting closer. Anyway, I was saying use Parallels for simple stuff like word processing or web site creation and then when you want to play a 3D game, boot into Windoz using Boot Camp.

Back