NEW MEMBER- HELP! Double Dash Jammed in Wii

jbresemann

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2007
Hello all---I'm a new member to Wii Chat. I have a VERY serious problem. Yesterday I bought Double Dash (since Wii Mario Kart isn't out until Q1 08) and the disk is JAMMED in my Wii. I can not eject it. It just makes a buzzing noise. When I try to brush the soft black material that surrounds the disk entry area, it looks like there are two metal pieces that block the disk from popping out and that they are permanently locked down.

Can anyone offer me advice on this? Please! I purchased this Wii at GameStop----had I purchased it at Best Buy I would just return it with the product replacement guarantee.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

call nintendo and send it to them

Oh jeez...Ive never gotten a game stuck, I wish I could help. I mean, I wouldnt go fishing in there trying force the disk out, but its got to come out somehow. How did you put it in? Did you have to force it in, or did it slide in like normal?

Slid in like normal. In fact, everything else still works fine. I didn't think there was any problem at all until I attempted to eject Double Dash to play Mario Galaxy and the disk wouldn't come out.

no def dont go fishin in there..u will break the warranty..just call ninty tell them ur problem and they will tell u to send it to them...thats all.

I should probably know this, but is all of Nintendo's contact information located somewhere in the Wii manuals?

Ouch, i've heard of this happen before.. but coincedentally the other one was with double dash as well:lol:
They called nintendo and they sent it in and they got it repaired and they said it worked fine after that.

just go to Nintendo.com to get the numbers...not sure where in the manual they are maybe in the back

I'm a bit slow... lol. I just scoured the nintendo website including customer support but couldn't find a single phone number. Anyone happen to have it?

Its definitely in the website and in the manuals, keep looking. My wii wouldnt connect to the internet and I found the Customer Support number in the website.

Contacts

Nintendo System Set-Up, Troubleshooting and Repair: • Online Customer Service Information
• email us
• 1-800-255-3700

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Support: • Online Connection Assistance
• Hotspot Locator
• email us
• 1-800-895-1672

How to Order Accessories, Replacement Parts and More: • Online Store
• 1-800-255-3700

Order Problem Solving: • Online Order FAQ
• email us
• 1-800-255-3700

I just looked at nintendo.com, and it says for a bunch of the troubleshooting things it says "This indicates a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please call 1-800-255-3700 to discuss available options."

Under the topic Troubleshooting game disc problems, theres nothing about discs getting stuck, but they have stuff about game discs immediately ejecting.

You can look around this page and the rest of the nintendo.com customer service pages too. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameDiscs.jsp#other

Back