new member here

ChevyK20

WiiChat Member
Feb 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Hey everyone

Just purchased a black Wii a few days ago, and its quite entertaining. My girlfriend has been wanting a wii for quite a while so i decided might as well get one. We currently have Wii sports, Zelda, and the mario game it came with. Just wondering for a few suggestions of games i should look into getting? I like action, racing, and rpg's mainly. She likes little games like wii sports. Is there any other highly active games like that i should look into for her? Thanks!!

Welcome to Wiichat! =)

There're two Zelda games for the Wii; Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. You should definitely get whichever one ya don't have.

Mario Kart Wii (if this isn't the game that came with your Wii; some Wii can come with MKWii, some with New Super Mario Bros.) is the premier racing game on the Wii, and it's damn-fun. Your girlfriend would probably enjoy it too.

One of the best action games for the Wii IMO, is Red Steel 2. It's all 'bout wicked swordplay, as well as guns if you're into that too (you can go through the entire game using your blade alone if you wanted lol). But unlike a lot of games, Red Steel 2 fully utilizes the Wii Remote's motion controls. Really fast paced and epic combat-oriented gameplay.

Just don't bother with Red Steel 1 though, really poor game that doesn't resemble 2 at all... The story lines aren't connected anyways.

Thanks for the advice on games! I have Twilight Princess and really enjoy it! I will probably wait until the price on Skyward Sward comes down a little. I will look up Red Steel 2 right now. Is there any other games that really utilizes the Wii remotes motion controls? I have the new Super Mario Bros with mine. I wish it would have came with Mario Kart, which looks super fun. I will look into Mario Kart, not sure if i want to dish out the 50 bucks or not. My girlfriend wants the game Bully, which i have read into a little. It looks fun, but im not sure if she will like the rpg style game or not; but i did buy it for her for valentines day because i know il play it haha. She is more into simple games like Wii Sports.

Also as far as racing games, the new Need For Speed The Run looks fun. I always had enjoyed the NFS titles when i was younger.. Again not sure if i want to dish out the 40 bucks!

Back