Flyboys

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2011
Greetings.
I am a new member.
I have 2 boys, 12 and 13 3/4.
They have a Wii and have been playing it for around 3 years.
Yesterday morning it quit working.
There was an error message on the screen.
What would be the best forum to find out if I can fix it?

Thanks,
Bradley

this would be perfect for www.nintendo.com but we would be pleased to sovle it here, particulary if you don't think this is a good forum :frown5:

what error message?

Hey, I think it's a GREAT forum. Expecially if we can get the Wii up and running again.

Well like I said, it's been working flawlessly for about 3 years. Yesterday morning they put in James Bond and an error message came up that said we need to refer to the owner's manual.

Okay, I just went to check. Yesterday it had an error message. Now is says "unable to read disc, check your owners manual"

I have tried several discs, it doesn't read any of them.

Oh, after looking back I see what you mean. I meant, where inside this forum would be the best "group" to ask.

this would fit in 'hardware' subforum, anyway....

1 do you have call of duty: black ops? it kills the wiis laser; if not

2 do you think the wii was exposed to a lot of dust? if so it might be a case of dust in the disc drive. but only one possibility....

it would be best to send it to nintendo or just call costumer service first (1-800-255-3700) or even take it to an independent store that fixes them.... but i have a hunch that if you bought a cheap cleaning kit (ex from walmart) it might solve the problem, no guarantees though.

good luck :)

only too glad to help, and of course, this is the welcoming section.

welcome aboard :D

Back