New Nintendo Handheld in the works?!

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
october issue of game informer said Nintendo pattented a handheld with 3 axis of motion sensing.

it also said nintendo pattents a lot of stuff that never gets put into production.

so only time can tell.

Yeah, I have also heard of this as well, but I thought it was a DS accessory than a completely separate hand-held. I may be wrong though, so yeah, only time can tell.

i didnt have time to type exactly what it said cause iw as running late for my driving test (passed btw) but ill type it out now, its just a little piece in the "loose talk" section.

GAME BOY ON THE MOVE
Companies file technology and product patents all the time-regardless of wether they come to fruitition on store shelves. Nintendo's newest patent merges motion-sensesing technology with a handheld system that could detect motion along three axes.

BTW Byuakuya, nice sig/avvy. heroes is awesome.

maybe it wont even have hinges. besides, if it IS in the works, dotn expect to see it anytime soon.. lol

SensesFail said:
i didnt have time to type exactly what it said cause iw as running late for my driving test (passed btw) but ill type it out now, its just a little piece in the "loose talk" section.

GAME BOY ON THE MOVE
Companies file technology and product patents all the time-regardless of wether they come to fruitition on store shelves. Nintendo's newest patent merges motion-sensesing technology with a handheld system that could detect motion along three axes.

BTW Byuakuya, nice sig/avvy. heroes is awesome.
Yeah, that is near enough exactly what I remember reading. I was also wondering how they were going to implement motion sensing into a hand-held. :lol:
Anyway, thanks for the comment on my Avy and Sig. :)

The Nintendo DS is still relatively young, so it can be safe to say that a couple of years before anything solid starts to surface.

i'm going to buy a ds in like 2 months(for loz:ph) so i hope it's a long time until they release another one....plus the ds is still selling good...why would they?....i think they just patent it for later, much later(allthough i do not know much about the industry, just mo)

zapasant93 said:
do you mind giving me the source of this info?

It's in the new issue for GameInformer Mag. There's only a short paragraph about it, so I don't htink it's anything to get excited about.

Back