New Nintendo Wii owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWB577

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2007
England
I just bought one before Christmas and have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) I'm looking to buy some Gamecube games and i was wondering what controller would i need to play them?.
2) Would i need a Gamecube memory card if i wanted to save my progress or can i use the hard-drive/Wii memory card?.
3) Does the Wii support dvd/cd?.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Jwb577

1) You will need a Gamecube controller
2) For cube games your gonna need a cube memory card.
3) never tried to be honest but i don't believe so no

Hope I helped:smilewinkgrin:

Not even the Classic controller?.

Thanks for your quick replies guys

JWB577 said:

1) I'm looking to buy some Gamecube games and i was wondering what controller would i need to play them?.
2) Would i need a Gamecube memory card if i wanted to save my progress or can i use the hard-drive/Wii memory card?.

Jwb577

1: GC Controller, They are very durable so ud only need one for a long time lol.

2: Youll need a memory Card, try to get a NINTENDO Brand one since some Third Party Memory Cards can hurt your Wii's GC Memory Sockets.

3: No DVD Player yet, but there will be one. (Firmware update over net i think)

JWB577 said:

Jwb577

1) Try Game for the controller, you can get one for £10. Ebay you can probably get one for cheaper and you'll probably be able to get a memory card as well.

I thought you would be able to use the internal memory for game saves on the GC, it would of been easier for people who didn't have a GC before and now wants to use the games on the Wii

PtonJalken said:
3: No DVD Player yet, but there will be one. (Firmware update over net i think)

There will be later this year, in Japan only but it's more expensive. So far Nintendo has no plans to do this anywhere else besides Japan.

Wii_Rulez said:

There will be later this year, in Japan only but it's more expensive. So far Nintendo has no plans to do this anywhere else besides Japan.

thx for info.

Ok, his questions were answered, we don't need 5 people telling him the exact same answers in different words.
JWB577, please consider using the search function before posting questions like these.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back