New Nintendo Wrist Straps?

ftcmark

Listen up bitches!
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Wii Online Code
1858-1536-2592-3221
Hello,

I ordered my new Nintendo wrist straps the day Nintendo started to offer them. Received them about 2 weeks later, I was satisfied. They worked fine. But then I went to my friends yesterday who just got her wrist straps, and her's are different from mine. The base of the strap is a different colour, and the clip that holds your hand there actually locks in place! I want these new new wrist straps, they are so much better.

Do you think Nintendo will send me more?

Nintendo will only send a max of 4 per Serial number. while they will send more to your address, you must present an additional serial number so they know you have a separate wii.

(so i wouldn't count on it)

But the new straps are amazing and the one's they sent me are crap.

yeah- i got my new straps about 2 weeks ago and they don't seem a whole lot different from the first ones. i think we're oth outta luck though...

apparently ninty have handed over the strap making to a third party. so you are likely to get crappy straps when you order extras. but you will however get the original straps when buying a wii or extra remotes.

Byuakuya said:
apparently ninty have handed over the strap making to a third party. so you are likely to get crappy straps when you order extras. but you will however get the original straps when buying a wii or extra remotes.

I commented elsewhere that I felt that the replacement strap they sent me was actually of lesser quality than the straps that came packaged in the console.

For one, the wrist strap slider/tightener won't stay in place and I keep looking down to find the wrist strap just hanging around my wrist instead of snug. At least the original model stayed in place.

However, for any of you who have purchased the 3rd party Wii-mote sleeves (I think from MadKatz) you will probably all agree that these are hardly worth the materials they were created from.

-Chewie

god those sleeves suck i bout them for all my friends for xmas that got a wii and wow i am glad i did not buy one for myself

Here's a tip, malicious, use it at your own risk and sense of moral misconduct. Go onto the auction sites... ebay er whatever else... some dingbats put a pic of the reciept for the wii on their wii auctions. Many reciepts have serial numbers on them that most people do not blur out. Or they can also have a pic of part of the box that visibly has the serial number on it. Use one of those serial numbers and request new straps be sent to your home. And as far as nintendo only sending you 4 and not re-sending them again, is that really true? Seems much a do about nothing to make shure someone isnt getting sent two packets of straps, big deal.

Actually, nintendo sent me 16. Yes. No lie. 16.

Dont know what happened but it kinda pissed me off cuz my mail wasnt being delivered to my box on the account nintendo was over flowin the thing with new straps. I mean yea new straps a packet from nintendo in the mail, yea its kinda cool. But they're just little chinsy straps that dont really do anything anyhow.

I ordered my straps 2 weeks ago and still nothing

after breaking one (strap) on that stupid smooth moves game
i phoned them again to chase up where they were
they told me that there is a delay due to huge demand for the straps in Australia (30,000 Wiis sold)
so the wait goes on
Still no big deal, i have four wii motes and 3 straps, we only occasionaly use all 4

:thumbsup:

AussieWii said:
I ordered my straps 2 weeks ago and still nothing

after breaking one (strap) on that stupid smooth moves game
i phoned them again to chase up where they were
they told me that there is a delay due to huge demand for the straps in Australia (30,000 Wiis sold)
so the wait goes on
Still no big deal, i have four wii motes and 3 straps, we only occasionaly use all 4

:thumbsup:

I've been waiting for a month now. Customer service in the US said the same thing.

I just ordered mine... so I guess it will be a while... no big deal.

Back