New owner questions

adammg

WiiChat Member
Mar 26, 2007
Just got my Wii setup in my bedroom, I noticed if I am too close to the TV the Wii remote doesn't work, if I step back then it works. I mounted my sensor bar below the TV, Would movin it to the top help with bein able to get closer?
Trying to get every bit of space out of my small bedroom. One other question are all other games as physical as Wii sports? Wii sports definetly makes ya stand and play along if you want to do any good.

I had a little problem when I got my wii too. I had to put my sensor bar above the tv. Not all wii games are as physical as wii sports. Kororinpa Marble Mania, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Wii Play are more of sit down games.

Remember that the Wii asks you where your sensor bar is, make sure you choose where it is in relation to the TV, and the sensor bar is only used for the pointer, the recommended distance to be is 3feet aay at least. And yeah Wii sports is quite a physical game, I still play it even though I have bought 5 other games, it's top quality :p

85% of games dont need you to stand up, and i dont think that moving the bar would make a difference, my remote only tops working when i get like 1 foot away..

its only ceasing to work because you've broken the infrared connection between the wiimote and the sensor bar. you're standing so close and at such an angle they can't see eachother. It doesn't matter how close you are to the tv, it has to do with whether or not the two can still actively connect. Mine can still work 6 inches away as long as the sensors can still find the wii mote. Like wise i can be sitting all the way across the room on my couch and point it too far to the side and it will stop working, just because I've broken the connection.

So just make sure you're pointing it correctly and the sensor bar is not obstructed and you'll have no trouble with distances.

Back