New PC case

The_Mitch

UNACCEPTABLE
Jul 13, 2006
Milford Ohio
Wii Online Code
2025-2025-2025-2025
well im going to be moving all my stuff (including my PC) to my basement soon (my parents are getting fed up with me and my friends staying up late and being loud lol) and my parents want me to take my old PC's motherboard (has everything. CPU, CPU, RAM, ect. just needs a case and HDD) and put it in a case so they have a PC to use upstairs. well i decided to just stick it in my current case (basic baige (or however you spell it, its the whiteish-brown color) with nothing interesting) and buy myself a new case. well i have a case picked out that has some pretty good reviews and looks awesome. i just wanted to know what you guys think of it. here it is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811156062 . the 500w PSU is what really got me (usually i dont care for PSUs that come with the case but this one is getting a lot of good reviews). i more than likely will get a couple blue LED fans to replace the 3 that come with the case that arnt LED fans (one of them is already). however i would like to see if any of you knows of a great case and PSU combo that also looks good and is sturdy for around $70 (which is what this case is after the mail in rebate). thanks

Go for it. It has a good set up for air flow, its a mid tower and looks ok. Could probably use some more front peripherals but not bad. The price is... you could do better on price, but its not bad. The lights and added goodies will eat up that powersupply, so I hope you dont mind the extra watts. This can be a good or bad thing depending on whos paying the bills and what you put in it.

well it will be powering an AMD 64 3000+, 1 gig of RAM, 2 HDDs (1 160gig ATA and 1 320 gig SATA), 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD-RW DL burner, and an nVidia 6600. i have a 300W in it right now but i dont have the 2nd 320 HDD yet (getting it when halo3 comes out along with a Dazzle capture device) and it runs fine so im guessing the 500W PSU will be able to run everything just fine

Mitch2025 said:
well it will be powering an AMD 64 3000+, 1 gig of RAM, 2 HDDs (1 160gig ATA and 1 320 gig SATA), 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD-RW DL burner, and an nVidia 6600. i have a 300W in it right now but i dont have the 2nd 320 HDD yet (getting it when halo3 comes out along with a Dazzle capture device) and it runs fine so im guessing the 500W PSU will be able to run everything just fine

You are gonna need a better graphics card also if you want to play some of these upcoming games. You have PCI-E right?

The case should be fine though, it just seems to be fairly power hungry with all those lights. You are gonna have to stick with 500w.

well im not much of a PC gamer. WoW is about it and i max out the gfx on that and get solid FPSs (about 40-50 FPS in populated areas). also it only has 1 LED fan (i will buy more later) and a few others around the case but LEDs take VERY little power (heck, my cousen's modded xbox1 has lights running throughout the entire case and it runs off the xbox's PSU and thats only about a 250w PSU)

well more than likely my tower will be sitting right next to my monitor so bottom buttons and ports are best. also that one doesnt come with a PSU and for $110, i could buy a good looking case and about 600w PSU. also that one doesnt have the removable motherboard tray. i cant tell you how frustrating it is to screw in the bottom screws in the motherboard because they are right next to the bottom of the case. thats one reason i like this case. its going to be so easy to install my motherboard, HDDs, and CD Drives because of the tooless instllation.
(hopefully this time i will get the reset button, power LED, and HDD activity LED wires installed correctly lol

yea its a double post but its been a few days so its ok lol. anyways i got my new case yesterday and it is awesome! everything but the motherboard was tooless (didnt take any tools to install). it has 4 fans (all 80mm except the front intake fan which is 120mm) and 1 of them is a blue LED fan! also it has room on the right side for 1 more 80mm fan for better cooling of the HDDs. here are some pics (sorry they are kinda blurry):
http://pirana0.com/upload/files/8/100_1278.JPG
http://pirana0.com/upload/files/8/100_1277.JPG
http://pirana0.com/upload/files/8/100_1275.JPG

its spelt beige <3

and im talking to you on AIM and i saw these pics already and already commented on their cool-ness.......and that arm of yours is oh wow! lol!

enjoy it

Back