New Pokemon EventS Announced!

So, the nature "calm' is a bad for Shaymin stats, eh?

Decreases: Attack power(Shaymin is more of a Special Attack pokemon ex:"Seed Flare" and more likely to baton pass. You think?)
Increases: Special Defense (So shaymin won't get knocked out by OHKO Special Attacks?)

Add to that my Shaymin "Loves to eat" So HP and some trainging @ the Old Chateu should round off its SP Atk pwr.

The attack decrease obviously doesn't matter, but the sp. def increase doesn't either. Just that little extra sp. def won't matter at all when considering if it'l get OHKO'd or 2HKO'd, Banks - especially not when it's Sky Forme. It also doesn't have any practical special walling sets. An increase in Sp. atk is necesarry to gain certain KOs on the scarf and sweeper sets, and an increase in speed is necesarry to outspeed a lot of threats to it, i.e. HP Ice Jolteon. Calm is therefore, a useless nature. [/poke nerd]

LoL, K. Just wondering [/poke geek] And by the way, Rika recieved a Shaymin TRU with a "Lonely" nautre :D

..Lonely nature? That's even worse than a Calm nature unfortunatly, I'm pretty sure lonely increases attack, and lower's defense or sp. def. I used to use a Lonely reversal Heracross back in the day of RSE, which is probably why I remember that.

Want Regigigas. You going for it, CK?

Lol, ofcourse I'm going for it. I do have a japanese movie 08 'Gigas already, you know. Once I get the TRU one, I've got a japanese and english pair. :p

O_O I didn't notice you guys posted about your Shaymins. So here's mine :D

I kept 3 but can get more unique (as in not cloned) ones if anyone wants/needs them. Of course I save/reset them.

Quiet (+Sp.Atk -Spd)
HP: 13
Atk: 25
Def: 31
Sp. Atk: 24
Sp. Def: 25
Spd: 28

Modest (+Sp. Atk -Atk)
HP: 20
Atk: 3
Def: 30
Sp. Atk: 23
Sp. Def: 27
Spd: 14

Timid (+Spd -Atk)
HP: 14
Atk: 7
Def: 26
Sp. Atk: 27
Sp. Def: 25
Spd: 29

I think I did okay. Still haven't really thought about how I'm gonna train them, like movesets etc. Hm.. I'm still deciding if I'm gonna go for Regigigas... not sure if it's worth it. Yay 100 posts!

Wow, excellent Timid Shaymin, Real-o. My Hasty one has a much higher IV total, but the 29 and 27 in speed and Sp. atk stat's excellent, not to mention it's Timid. Want to exchanges clones of my Hasty and Modest for your Timid and Modest? I want to expand my collection - and yours are better than mine. >.>;;; I should of worked harder on soft resetting. :lol:

Congrats on post 100, btw. The DP forums eat up another 100th post. :lol:

Yea, that last one is real savage, that was a great pull, That's almost worthy of trade bait-ing...I actually would want to get my paws on a copy of that one....I still haven't checked what my modest one was....and Ive still got one ive not SR'd for

Regi is worth it, for only sake of regi farming in platnuim. That particular regi unlocks the regi hunting in plat later...along with legendary bird hunting...I smell an epic Articuno I will be farming for

Last edited:
50% SR damage? I don't think epic is the word I would use to describe Articuno. Moltres is diferant. Lead killer is teh roll he plays.

Zapdos will be the happiest to be in Platinum IMO, Articuno as said has a 50% SR weakness, meaning rapid spin support is necesarry. Moltres is.. okay. Not to keen on it. Zapdos is the best of the 3 birds though, IMO. He has more general uses and movesets that can be strung together too, or atleast when compared to the other 2.

Zapdos and electric types ftw!

I have a huge soft spot in my heart for articuno. Did alot of experimental set writing with him, and epic, was a bit of a joke.

a Few of my favorites (note, I think the OHKO ban is somewhat silly, as it is a 30% miss chance, so why not legalize it, the only poke it is usable by with decent accuracy is the articuno)

Bird of Doom
Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 96 Defense / 64 Speed / 96 Special Defense

-Roost/Ice Beam
-Protect
-Sheer Cold
-Mind reader

Outlawed in most states, countries, and independent municipalities…however it is still worth stating. This is the only poke I think can actually use a OHKO move at all, and he does it better than any one. This is what the RB pokedex meant when it said “A legendary bird Pokémon said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains.” Scary isn’t it? This is easy-mode pokemon for the most part, protect roost can stall PP of the most dangerous moves with pressure, when you know a kill is possible, you hit the mind reader and let them know their man is doomed

Bandacuno!
Articuno@Choice Band
Adamant
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

- Ice Shard
- U-turn
- Steel Wing
-Aerial Ace/Blizzard

As if Articuno wasn’t novelty enough, how about a choice band set?! Adamant is preferable since you have priority with ice shard to make up for the speed. U-turn to get the hell out of dodge, Steel Wing…for filler, feel free to change. Aerial Ace is stab…and Blizzard is for the odd physical wall that steps in on you, Call this build lame if you want, but it had to be done, just to say it is doable.

Kickin’ it old school.
Articuno @ Life Orb
Modest
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
-Blizzard / Ice Beam
-Water Pulse
-Hyper Beam / Hidden Power Electric / Extrasensory / Signal Beam - Platinum Move
-Agility

Essentially this is a modified version of the Gen one Articuno, and it is bringing sexy back. Blizzard/Ice Beam is for your choice of sexy stab, blizzard of course if deciding to be awesome and run a hail team. Water pulse is for the darn rocks that switch in such as Mr. T-tar, and any fire type that randomly waltzes in on you. I added hyper beam for random nostalgic reasons…and it’s the biggest special bang the bird has got, Hidden power, is preferable, ground, electric, or maybe even fighting, as you can angle your self a little more for coverage, your last option is the flinch possible but rare Extrasensory. Agility up and rock on….er articuno hates rocks…um…chill out? This also can become a choice set if you so desire.

Ahem.. I might be a day late, but..

Remember everyone, the Regigigas event started yesterday! You've got until the 21st to get your Regi trio-unlocking Regigigas! And the day after, Platinum comes out. Wewt. :3

I won't be getting my 'Gigas yesterday (duh) or today unfortunatly, but considering how long the event is around, I'm not in the slightest bit worried. So soon enough I'll have 'Gigas clones for everyone! :thumbsup:

Back