New Punch Out Question

ericuf

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2009
Do the fighters have the same moves? IOW, is it the same GAME as NES, but with updated graphics, UI, etc? Thanks

Do the fighters have the same moves? IOW, is it the same GAME as NES, but with updated graphics, UI, etc? Thanks

I just got it today! It is very similar, lots of the same fighters. The fighters have the same moves for the most part, but they are not exactly the same. For instance, I can pound don flamingo in the nes version but he was much different in the wii version. The wii version also lets you practice fighting each guy in the exhibition which is awesome. i have yet to play the two player though. honestly, i see this as a game i will continue to play over and over again. it has the same feel as the original...which i still play

I just got it today! It is very similar, lots of the same fighters. The fighters have the same moves for the most part, but they are not exactly the same. For instance, I can pound don flamingo in the nes version but he was much different in the wii version. The wii version also lets you practice fighting each guy in the exhibition which is awesome. i have yet to play the two player though. honestly, i see this as a game i will continue to play over and over again. it has the same feel as the original...which i still play
Oh yes! At first I was skeptical about paying $50 for PunchOut, but after playing it I also have that feeling that when 2011 comes around I will still be putting that disc into my Wii itching for a chance to try and TKO Bald Bull in the first round. The concept behind this game is one of a kind and I hope its not another 15 years before they release another PunchOut. Hopefully they will make a sequel in the next 5 years with more boxers and maybe even online play/Leaderboards.

I can see why someone would mistake this game to be just a remake of the original with nothing new. Although I have yet to play the game, I personally feel letdown by it after recently reading a lot of coverage about it in Nintendo Power, due to its apparent lack of new content.

Though it isn't exactly the same, it looks as though it is too alike the first Punch-Out to get some fans to be interested enough in the game to actually buy it. I am one of these fans. I love the series, being a 28-year old who has played the first two games many times since the original was released. The new one looks really fun, but it can't possibly be as fun as the first two for a veteran like me, since it obviously lacks the ability to reward me with new characters to face every time I beat an opponent.

As I stated, this is a huge letdown for me, and I'm sure other fans in my age group would agree.

Back