New Red Steel Video! Looking Better Than Ever!

m7ticalm

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2006
Australia, Perth
Wii Online Code
0287-9971-6660-4138
HEY, came across another cool redsteel video, shows you how to play, heres the link:
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/09/05/red-steel-wii-controller-gameplay-demo.htm

Sword fighting looks better than last video although not as good as first. Graphics look nicer.

*EDIT* does nobody care about this or has it been posted before?
*EDIT* someone just post if this has been posted before so i can delete it or something. I just thought that some people would get excited with this news.

Last edited:
It's from the IGN show, just go to www.ign.com to see the whole show, best impression so far about how the wii controller works I think. There is also a very nice part in it from Battalion Wars 2.

The sword fighting in this video is still old, they said it's going to be 1:1 which would be much cooler if they got it working correctly.

It Looks Better Now!

I LIke How You Parry With The Nunchaku! ^_^

zoomer said:
For some reason the controls still look sluggish. Like when he points to the edges of the screen, it looks like it is a struggle to move in the right direction.

Yea, he put a lot of it down to being stood too near the screen but i wasnt really convinced.

The sword play looks really bad to me, am i just being silly?

i0n said:
Yea, he put a lot of it down to being stood too near the screen but i wasnt really convinced.

The sword play looks really bad to me, am i just being silly?
No, the sword play DOES look really bad but i think they changed it to freehand 100%!, so if im correct im pretty sure the sword fighting will be much more like the first video but better. Someone please correct me if ive made a mistake.

it makes PERFECT sense that the aiming is bad IF he is infact close to the tv, but as far as the sword play goes, i honestly can't complain and neighter can any of u, i mean, c'mon, its decent eunough don't you think? plus u can aim "Ganstahhh" lol and great graphics see? nintendo always pleases me wuth graphics

Last edited:
Yeah, I was beginning to doubt Red Steel after some negative hands-on impressions it got at E3, but after watching that video, I know I have to get it launch, because it is going to be great. I don't think it will be horrible or crazy good reviews-wise, probably average. 7.5-8. But I think it's going to be a great multiplayer shooter for me and some friends, and that's what I want.

Mcclane said:
It's from the IGN show, just go to www.ign.com to see the whole show, best impression so far about how the wii controller works I think. There is also a very nice part in it from Battalion Wars 2.

The sword fighting in this video is still old, they said it's going to be 1:1 which would be much cooler if they got it working correctly.
Yes, exactly!!! People, this is an OLD gameplay video, before they implemented true freehand emulation so that as you move the wiimote, the sword in the game mimics it's movements to a T. That video shows the old version, which had predetermined movements!!

That said, I don't know how that will turn out either. This game probably won't be perfect, but maybe a sequel will be deeper/better.

Sure everyone can agree that it's better experienced first hand. cant wait for release!

Back