An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Here we go again.
Another Sega themed handheld
We've seen reimagined Genesises (Geneses?) before, but this might be the best one yet. It's portable, it plays both original cartridges and ROMS off an SD card, it's got TV-out and it only costs $50. Sign us up. The Retro-Gen (branded Sega, though we can't imagine Sega actually had anything to do with it) features a USB-rechargeable battery and comes pre-loaded with 20 "classic" games (we're not sure what they are, hence the quotes). It says it'll only play licensed ROMs, though who knows what that means; we'd imagine you can just load it up with whatever you've got. It doesn't look like it has an extra port for another controller, which would come in handy for multiplayer games using the handheld's TV-out, but you can't have everything, right? It's available for pre-order now, for a $50, $10 off the usual price.
link

i had the original Nomad when it came out. It was freaking awesome at the time, despite it's enormity. I am SOOO getting this when it comes out, nothing like retro gaming on the go. Now if only someone would come out with a handheld NES (since Nintendo is so reluctant to launch a VC for DSi)

i had the original Nomad when it came out. It was freaking awesome at the time, despite it's enormity. I am SOOO getting this when it comes out, nothing like retro gaming on the go. Now if only someone would come out with a handheld NES (since Nintendo is so reluctant to launch a VC for DSi)
Sort out your sig one pic is way to big.

There have been a few hand held NES's.

I posted a few in this section

Oh Thanks You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was sick of scrolling so much to see the next post!

well, i got rid of my signature, because apparently people were having some weird anomalous problem with viewing it. i kept hearing about how big it was despite the fact it was only 150pixels tall and 550pixels wide. there are PLENTY of signatures WAAAY bigger on here than what that was, so im guessing there was some sort of discrepancy in the way the image was interpreted when viewed on other people's systems. on my screen it looked small and normal (smaller than the signatures of several others on this forum) so i wasn't seeing what it was that everyone was talking about.

rather than try to deal with it, and tweak it and what not and hope i took care of what i couldn't even see, i just got rid of it cuz i was tired of hearing people ***** and whine about something that wasn't even my fault.

Last edited:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39f_vkViOpI[/ame]

Back