Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Smash and Pokemon online?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by PhaZeBurN, Jan 28, 2007.

1. PhaZeBurN

PhaZeBurN WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0017-5021-3949-0223
    0017-5021-3949-0223
    I can't wait for the latest Smash Bros. to be released. I heard it's online; but, does that mean I can only play it with people I've exchanged Wii #'s with? That's really stupid. I'm assuming the Wii is going to have something akin to "X-Box Live" where I can find random people to play with and then add them to my Address Book.

Also, it should work that way for the new Pokemon too. I think that'd be great.

Anyway, my Wii # is in my sig if you wanna add me go for it.

2. wowilookgood

wowilookgood WiiChat Member

Your honestly think they are going to make it only online? Im not going to even answear.

3. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

You clearly misunderstood his question. He was asking... on the online mode... if he would have to have people's friends codes to play online and not just get random people selected. And yes, I think that's how they do it unfortunately. And Pokemon is going to be online also.

4. PhaZeBurN

PhaZeBurN WiiChat Member

0017-5021-3949-0223
    Yup. Thanks for clearing that up Homesrfan - yes, I know there will be Multiplayer modes besides Online, LOL. =)

That's pretty lame that we have to register eachother before we can play. That ruins any kind of real game ladder, etc. I want to get matched w/Smash players that are on my level, etc. Oh well, maybe it'll change in the future: for now, at least we can exchange Wii #'s on forums.

Pokemon online sounds pretty great. I'll probably have to buy a DS Lite then, too heh.

5. psyichic

psyichic WiiChat Member

If it does boil down to people exchanging Wii numbers I am gonna guess that people are going to create some type of auto adder and a database.

6. PhaZeBurN

PhaZeBurN WiiChat Member

0017-5021-3949-0223
    No doubt. Hopefully that will become a Wii update too. =)

7. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Well, if we have to add numbers, we'll just all share our numbers so that someone will always be on.

Bummer Nintendo is completely clueless when it comes to online. -.-