New Sonic Wild Fire info from Nintendo Magazine UK:

Homicidal_Gamer

Yay I'm dead!
Jul 21, 2006
Over the Stars

"Development for Sonic Wild Fire has essentially been going on for two years, this year developing, last year testing.

As expected, the game is based off of Arabian Nights, and will follow Sonic’s adventures through a book. We saw some of the influence of Arabian Nights in our E3 demo.

Dr. Eggman (I still say Robotnik damnit!) will be in the game.

Progression on Sonic Wild Fire and the Wiimote is going well, but more uses of the Wiimote than what was shown at E3 will be included. There will also be gameplay elements in Wild Fire that have never been seen in a Sonic game before.

Mr. Yojiro is very happy with the power of the Wii, and believes it is “fantastic hardware”.

Mr. Yojiro would like to create an entirely new series for the Wii that is not related to Sonic at all. He would like this title to take full advantage of all that the Wiimote has to offer.

Sonic Wild Fire is all about going back to the roots of the Sonic series. Speed is the name of the game."

Source:CLICK!

I still call "eggman" Robotnik myself! :lol: This is once again very good news, Yojiro is very pleased with the Wii's power and plans to make an entire new franchise for the wii to take full advantage of the Wii's controller functions. There is more info in this mag, but you know I just found this bit of info lying around, i0n can pick it up since he's from the UK! :lol: Well thats all I have to say, bringing you all the Wii news ASAP:

-Homicidal_Gamer

Yea, funnily enough i've just ordered a scanner so expect a few scans coming some time this week :)

Totally, I hope that mag has some nice info on the wii's hardware and maybe even some of the games that r coming out for it. It would be sweet if they came out w/ their own series, did u say it was going to be like sonic or r they just making a new series and we don't know wut it's about?

ssbb_lover said:
Totally, I hope that mag has some nice info on the wii's hardware and maybe even some of the games that r coming out for it. It would be sweet if they came out w/ their own series, did u say it was going to be like sonic or r they just making a new series and we don't know wut it's about?
It will be an entire new series that has no relations with the Sonic franchise at all.

Good, so it my even be a game like Red Steel w/ guns & stuff? It probably won't cuz that isn't N's style but u never know. Did he say if wut the new series would be rated? If so we could probably guess wut kind of game it would be...

Sonic is boring for me... seriously is just a creature running and running and running running and running and running running and running and running running and running and running.

Arcadium said:
Sonic is boring for me... seriously is just a creature running and running and running running and running and running running and running and running running and running and running.

i see your point but it isn't always that in the really early ones yes, but there have been spin-offs (i.e. Dr. Robotniks Bean Machine)

and there have been good games with a proper storyline(i.e. Sonic Heroes)

although i haven't played bean machine i have sonic heroes sitting completed after about 6-8 months, and the storyline was very good it had proper cutscenes, the characters spoke, and you had to use all the characters to finish the game and open up the final boss mode

oh and everybody their is lots of info in the magazine i have it, can't wait til august 3rd, next issue with more info!

Back