New Sony Concept Controller

Major Tom said:
Yeah. But Nintendo was the first to use the Wiis type of move & point system. Duck Hunt Arcade used it way back in the early 80's & Sony continually get their ideas from other companies. They started it when they worked 2nd party for Nintendo back in the NES/SNES days. The Playstation was originaly a snes CD concept. If you dont believe me look it up. Its even on G4.

oh ho ho ho. Ok I was hoping you would try to argue this. What you just posted is a trap many a fanboy fall into. Im the hunter and its not looking so good for ya.

First, the move and point system you are thinking of is not the same as what is around today. You cannot play old school duck hunt on current gen TVs. Wanna know why? because this is how the gun worked...

Pay attention. The nintendo gun did NOT track movement, it was done by having a small camera like device within the gun itself. When you pulled the trigger, the nes would make the tv flicker very very fast creating a white box in which gun would register. If the box was in line with the camera the gun would say you killed whatever you shot, if not you missed. It was a trick that your eyes couldnt pick up. Its also why if you put a lense/light in front of the gun, you can turn it into a shotgun and shoot everything on the screen with one shot. The gun has another name, its called a Light Gun. It operates off of light not movement.

OK, PREPARE yourself. This will be painful for you. THE FIRST LIGHT GUN GAME came out in 1936. Crazy huh... guess what it was? It was.. a DUCK HUNTING GAME. Your claim that nintendo is the first has just been beaten by the bitchslap of doom. Nintendo copied a game from the 1930s. Aw shucks.
>>> http://marvin3m.com/arcade/rayolit.htm <<<<
rayolit1ea3.jpg

So nintendo built off of technology that has been around since the 1930s. Any more claims you wish to make? (i still like nintendo, but be honest about it)

So... the lesson you learned today is now about what you are talking about before making CLAIMS. Some might say you just got owned, but i will just pass it off as fanboy ignorance.

Now as for the Snes CD, if you have read any of my past posts you would have found an interesting lesson in them about this. Nintendo hired sony to make some of their internal hardware. Then they teamed up as equals to make the snes cd, which sony offered with their CD technology. Nintendo betrayed Sony and in many eyes Japan by breaking contract and signing a new one within hours with Phillips, a European based company. The japanese felt betrayed and there was a lot of anger towards nintendo back then. Because of this, Sony continued with THEIR TECHNOLOGY, not nintendos. Nintendo only uses other peoples technology, they have none of their own. Sony, to show that the betrayal would not be forgotten released the playstation. More than enough japanese developers were happy to make games for Sony over nintendo.

This is where nintendo goes into a slump with the japanese developers market, and they are still to this day trying to get back what they lost. Sony used CDs, Nintendo stuck with cartriges. The next gen, Nintendo used CDs, because no one wanted nintendo cartiges due to price and incompatibility.

But Nintendo was the first to use the Wiis type of move & point system.

Nintendo used the patent from another company that had a remote that relied on infared light to map movement. Its not theirs. Infared light devices have been around for a long time. Nintendo is making it popular with this console, but they are not the first nor will they be the last. Please get a clue.

So now that your history lesson is complete, you may now refrain from ignorance and bias remarks that are completely fictional.

Last edited:
Major Tom said:
OK... You posted an article that says Sony said they had been working on it for 2 years. S-O-N-Y. Now when have they actually said anything true or for that matter logical in the last year.

Reat it again dumbarse. I said I am still looking for the legal filing document. I can now call you an idiot because you didnt bother to read the Farking post. That link was merely something I posted in the meantime.. like i said. Learn to read and comprehend or get keep your opinions to yourself.

Your doing good Shift keep it up! :p I never knew 1936 was when the first light game was out btw, wow.

But wont the buttons be harder to press? and the control pad that will be harder because you need to put your thumb down.

wiing-around said:
But wont the buttons be harder to press? and the control pad that will be harder because you need to put your thumb down.

No, because the underside of the grips have triggers that are lower and fit along with the fingers, I think the analog can get moved over a bit but either way if you hold a regular PS2 dual shock controller and not having to put your fingers on the top but rather on grip/triggers ont he bottom, it becomes possible. Since its a concept its more for function, the actual design of how it fits would need to be tweaked accordingly, but it shouldnt be that akward based on how the undergrip/bottom is shaped and angled.

Xionn said:
Your doing good Shift keep it up! :p I never knew 1936 was when the first light game was out btw, wow.
I just checked & it wasn't. The picture you showed is duck blast an old shooter game that does not use the same technology as Nintendo but uses the position of your feet to estimate where u are shooting. The game was a failure. They still have those machines at Kennywood, PA. They are in the Gran' Ol' Penny Arcade along with old Black & White flip book machines. The Duck Blast game is almost Identical to the one in the picture.

Major Tom said:
I just checked & it wasn't. The picture you showed is duck blast an old shooter game that does not use the same technology as Nintendo but uses the position of your feet to estimate where u are shooting. The game was a failure. They still have those machines at Kennywood, PA. They are in the Gran' Ol' Penny Arcade along with old Black & White flip book machines. The Duck Blast game is almost Identical to the one in the picture.

LoL I give you an A for effort but an F for total grade.
Look up the history of the Light Gun. And did you bother clicking on the link above the picture? i think not. Its actually called the Seeburg Ray-O-Lite.

The first video game/computer to use this technology dates back to the 1950s with the Whirlwind
MIT and then more old computers followed.
guysatcomputersgz4.gif

Keep digging a hole for yourself bud. Wasnt your original argument that nintendo invented move and click technology with the nes gun, which isnt even move and click mapping? lol you are so off course its not even funny anymore.

Hey I said almost identical. The one at kennywood is slightly taller & has a huge pad at the front. But Sony still Sucks like usual. Even you cant agree with their stupid comments.

Major Tom said:
But Sony still Sucks like usual. Even you cant agree with their stupid comments.

No, rather even I cant agree with Your stupid comments. Im not sure whats worse, your bias or your logic.

Major Tom said:
Actually I not sure about your logic. A Sony Fanboy on a Wii site.......

interesting, what makes me a sony fanboy? is the fact i own a wii, a 360, and a ps3? Or perhaps that i enjoy them all because as a gamer i go where the good games are. Hmm or is it the fact i spend my time defending a system cause from misconceptions and idiotic hate.

Major Tom said:
If its idiotic hate why is it the least sold system?

Your idiotic hate? Dont tell me you hate the system based on its sales?
tsk tsk tsk.

Since you bring it up though, since when do sales equate a good or bad product? A honda civic can sell more than a ferarri but they are both good cars for different reasons. The PS3 is more than twice the price than the nintendo wii, and i can promise you if the Wii were the same price as the PS3 its sales would be lower than the PS3s sales now currently, vice versa, if you were to have the PS3 selling at 250 like the wii, its numbers would be twice as much as they are now.

Cheaper is more accessable, but higher accessability never always = the better product. In your eyes, everything is black and white. Meaning if one thing is good, then the other has to be bad. Which in fact is false, since all things can be good and all things can be bad. We live in a world of grey, not black and white.

Anything else you want to try and throw at me?;)

Shift is getting really annoying. I'd comment more but this is enough for him to reply with 12 counter posts.

Who cares what "came first" ..?

All this article shows is speculation that Sony might one day make a ps3 controller that doesn't suck... Yes, "Might" make a ps3 controller that doesn't suck - don't hold your breath though...

The fact is the ps3 controller sucks.

And shift if you are so passionate about defending a "games console" then I think you should get out more... There are a lot more worthy causes in the world to defend than someone not liking a computer games console - get off your high horse about that one...

(I have a source that says that in the 19th Century country Lairds used to shoot ducks for sport!!!! DAMN YOU NINTENDO! YOU TOTALLY RIPPED OFF SOMEONE ELSES F*CKING IDEA!!!)

Back