New television hooked up to mah wii. HELP :D:D:D:D:D

guitarman

Banned
Jul 3, 2007
Yorkshire, England
HEY,
You may/did/now know me and I just purchased a brand new 15" (for my room) flat screen goodmans digital flat screen television set equipment electric eel. Well the TV is great quality, top-notch but when i hook up my wii and turn it on to the AV 2 mode it is crapper quality then my last oldish TV. And I don't know why, the guy at Comet said it supports composite whatever the hell that **** is. So anyway, I thought about buying one of them Nintendo cable type electric cable like wire type cable things but I don't know which one.. I dont think my tv supports composite as it doesnt say anywhere in my tv guide that it does. is there a way to find out from the ports on the back? I have 3 of them av type ports , and 2 line outs (dont know what they are) but they look like av ports. i have a common interface port aswell and some other crap.
So could someone help me, I know it supports that rgb scart type thing though.. Please help ;);0 ;) ;0

well with all the type things and crap like that its hard to actually know what to answer...

'composite' will be the normal connection you got with your wii (the yellow, white and red cable) which will have the same coloured ports on the tv, or you should have a SCART adapter which them cables plug into, then into the tv.

the other cables you might be talking about are 'component' cables (red, green, blue, then red and white audio) which will give a better picture, but you need to check the tv has those inputs before you buy the cable..

give a model number and i'll look up the tv and let you know

GaryT85 said:
well with all the type things and crap like that its hard to actually know what to answer...

'composite' will be the normal connection you got with your wii (the yellow, white and red cable) which will have the same coloured ports on the tv, or you should have a SCART adapter which them cables plug into, then into the tv.

the other cables you might be talking about are 'component' cables (red, green, blue, then red and white audio) which will give a better picture, but you need to check the tv has those inputs before you buy the cable..

give a model number and i'll look up the tv and let you know

Thanks for your help, Im not good with Tv's. It was cheap (£180) so I'm not expecting good things but I think it has that rgb support. I don't know.
Here is the make and model number - GOODMANS LD1570FVT

Ok, on one site it says it doesnt have rgb support but on my tv there is an RGB mode, and AV, AV 2 and S-video mode. So does this mean the site is wrong? Or am i mistaking this RGB mode for something else?

tvs will refer to AV or AV2 to either scarts or composite inputs, as they are both AudioVisual..

from looking you wont be able to use a component cable, but many users have reported that the nintendo SCART lead gives an improved picture over the standard composite cables included with the wii...

Ah thank's for your help, It is called the RGB cable right? If that's the one you are on about, so, it will be able to work with mine? I don't want to buy it and not work with my television set.
Thanks again

vagrant said:
And RGB is COMPONENT not COMPOSITE.

i dont see where that was in dispute....:wtf:

like mym6 linked to and liked i mentioned previously the scart cable is your way forward

so, who's glad thats over?

i just refer to them as yellow, red and white ladies and the inputs as yellow,red and white men

Back