New to all this

panic

WiiChat Member
May 25, 2007
this may be a stupid question but here we go.

i have just bought a Wii and when setting it up and looking at what it does i came across the wii shop. when i first losed it up it asked my to link it with my nintendo club account Why is this,

Can i use my points on there as wii points ?

if so i have linked the two together butit still shows i have no wii points

Sorry again if it was a stupid question

Regards

Im not quite sure what you're talking about but the only way to get Wii Points is either with your credit card or a Wii Points card that you can get at a retailer.

cimbom said:
Im not quite sure what you're talking about but the only way to get Wii Points is either with your credit card or a Wii Points card that you can get at a retailer.
That's right. I understand you can link your www.nintendo.com account with your wii's wii shop account, but I don't know what this is for and I haven't done it myself (I'm not from USA, so I cant make a www.nintendo.com account).

Maybe, but you can see all your activities from the wii itself, so I'm not sure if that is very useful...

cimbom said:

Its cheaper to buy them from the wii
Linking your account dose nothing at the moment

It would be cool if they kept track of your activity and if you used a lot of Wii Points you could get exclusive news or maybe some gifts sent to you.

Ninty have said in the past they were thinking of a system where you could exchange star points for Wii points (Note to Americans: Europeans get star points with certain games for Wii/GC/DS by entering a code that comes with the game). I presume this is how they will be exchanged if they ever introduce the system.

Napalmbrain said:
Ninty have said in the past they were thinking of a system where you could exchange star points for Wii points (Note to Americans: Europeans get star points with certain games for Wii/GC/DS by entering a code that comes with the game). I presume this is how they will be exchanged if they ever introduce the system.
Somehow I think this is American related, because I had the choice to do the same thing, and it seems to be based on www.nintendo.com which is American, the only site with the star points thing is www.nintendo-europe.com

I remember getting an email from ninty saying that if I registered 3 items, I could get a free forgot-the-amount-of-months subscription to nintendo power, everything on VC registers itself when being downloaded, all that registering information is stored on your nintendo account, so it's probably just for registration and registration features like the nintendo power subscription

Back