New to wii and Wii doesn't work with my Samsung LED tv

wiiwe

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2011
London
Hi there

I am new to Wii and I was quite dissapointed to see that it doesn't work with my Samsung LED tv, can anybody tell me why? Thanks for your help.

The wii will work with your LED tv..... but you may need a different set of leads (HDMI or gold scart) to be honest im out of my depth, as i run my wii on an old 17in CRT tv..

Im sure others on here can be of more assistance, just a thought though, you wii does work right? (on a standard tv)

Allright, first off, where did you buy your Wii from? If you got one off a seller on Ebay that has US market items , It would be an NTSC format unit and if using it on a PAL TV set; because NSTC Wiis run at 60hz where as PAL units run at 50hz...It won't work unless you get a converter box or something that bypasses all that mumbo-jumbo format stuff.

If you got it in your contury (UK) and it's not working on your TV, Ignore what I said and try the following:

Make sure your TV has Compostie, Component and/or SECAM inputs if your Wii is equiped with one or the other.

Check to see if your TV supports 480i, 480P, or 576i because thats what the Wii only outputs.

Check all the connections and make sure it's on the right video mode with the cables slected (Component, Compostie or SECAM)

Finally, if those methoids don't work, try it at a friends house and see if it's the unit or it was your TV. If you possiibly got a bum Wii unit they rushed out from the factory on monday, send it back to wherever you purchased it from with all the recepts and etc., or you can send it to Nintendo to have it repaired for free if bought recently.

If it's the TV, you may need to get a new one or have it repaired.

If you got a BUM NTSC format unit, good luck.

Thanks guys, I used my Wii on my previous analogue tv (4/5 times) and it was fine but since we bought the new LED tv it doesn't work. I will try what you both mention and hopefully I will be able to enjoy it again.

Back