New to Wii. Need connection help.

RageKage

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
Ok, like so many others, we just got our Wii for Christmas and we are now trying to set it up and connect to the internet. Our setup is a little different, so I can't seem to find any help. We have a MacBook connected to our cable modem, broadcasting the wireless internet signal. We don't have a stand-alone wireless router. My question is this:

When we go to set up the internet connection on the Wii, it detects the computer broadcasting the signal, but the connection test fails every time. I know the internet is working as my laptop PC sees the MacBook and connects to the internet just fine.

Any thoughts or words of advice?

Thanks!

I looked up Nintendo's tech help line and called. The first guy just took a report of the problem and told me an Advanced Tech Support Rep would call me back within 24 hours... An hour or so later, my phone rings and this guy walked me through a couple things and had me up and running in about 10 minutes. Apparently when using this setup, you have to manually set the IP and DCHP settings. Anyway, it's up and running now but thanks for the response...

glad to see we could not help. have fun with ur internet connection

highlight for full message

Back