New way to get people all ove the world on you wii connect friend list

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy50

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2006
Nintendo wont let people connect with anyone but frineds known in real life...but there is a way to break it if someone makes a forum that lets wii owners put there wii friend codes on the site then they can just be added easy as pie and you can choose who you want and you can verse people all over the world ...good idea right?

Look at this!

I'll use my DS as an example.

All I have to do for Mario Kart DS is hit the WiFi option, my DS connects to the Nintendo WiFi servers. Now I can choose from four options. Friends (all the people you registered are here), Rivals, Regional, and Worldwide.

Selecting Friends means that the server looks for ONLY your friends to see if they are online, and put you in a match against them. Thats the only thing Friend code is for, FOR SPECIFIC people you want to play. Now if I choose regional, I just wait for some people to join (it doesn't take long at all) and then the game starts. No adding people and whatnot.

True there could be possibly some additional things that Nintendo could add, but with millions of gamers in the world a number system is much better otherwise we'd see a bunch of crap for usernames.

The nintendo wii will have a lobby for online multiplayer. Seeing how the DS was the first for Nintendo, they obvisually have a much better idea on how online can be done using the current system they already have in place.

Now people need to STOP thinking that Friend code is some barrier because its not, its just there so you can specifically play people, its basically Nintendo's 'buddy list'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back