New Wii Crashed

RJU690

WiiChat Member
Mar 31, 2007
Atlanta
I just purchased a Nintendo Wii and it crashed within the first 15 minutes of Wii Play. I eventually had to unplug it before being able to turn it off. I think this may be normal behavior because I have read numerous similar stories on this forum, but I'm unsure. Should I inform Nintendo of my problem or do you think my Nintendo Wii if fine? Thank you for your responses in advance.

I would keep playing it but if it happens again call Nintendo and they will take care of you

RJU690 said:
I just purchased a Nintendo Wii and it crashed within the first 15 minutes of Wii Play. I eventually had to unplug it before being able to turn it off. I think this may be normal behavior because I have read numerous similar stories on this forum, but I'm unsure. Should I inform Nintendo of my problem or do you think my Nintendo Wii if fine? Thank you for your responses in advance.

Don't fret too much. This happened to me my first time playing about 25 minutes in. After I unplugged it to turn it off after trying eveyr power switch known to man I looked at the cords in the back and the power cord into the Wii was no plugged in securely once I fixed this my Wii hasnt froze since.

drroett said:
Don't fret too much. This happened to me my first time playing about 25 minutes in. After I unplugged it to turn it off after trying eveyr power switch known to man I looked at the cords in the back and the power cord into the Wii was no plugged in securely once I fixed this my Wii hasnt froze since.

pretty much the samething happened to me when i first got it maybe froze a second time, but been fine everysince(got the wii the second day it came out). it should be fine.

Is this some sort of april fools joke?

Or is ur house an oven?

Don't worry the same thing has happened to me twice since I've bought my Wii, just unplug it, plug it back in carry on doing w/e.

If it keeps happening, give Nintendo a call. But it should be fine.

happened to me 3 times during SSX Blur. That's when i got the game though, not the system. After a few plays with it more it suddenly stopped. So don't panic!

~Rival

What exactly did it do? I have had 2 seperate errors with my Wii, but they are rare.

FYI: no need to unplug when its frozen. just hold power button on the wii console for 5 seconds and it will shutdown. once red light is on, then push power to turn it back on.

Jorge said:
What exactly did it do? I have had 2 seperate errors with my Wii, but they are rare.

I was playing Wii Play and while playing billiards, the image froze. I could still here the music though.

I got mine on Launch for Europe and no Crashes yet :S
I'd contact nintendo if it happened again

Back