New Wii HD?

Don't ask me all the questions though...

All this stuff I'm telling you basically applies to almost every console out there (well not everyone)

Cause the thread is about a rumor I heard not something I know of

Your asking me questions that can also be answered at a PlayStation or Xbox 360 forum

Like many manufacturers they are trying to get the most quality products at lowest prices

Cause even a one-cent increase in manufacturing cost can affect a enterprise business by a margin

If games run well on specs that cost relatively low yet are fast and almost on par then what's the point of increasing RAM? It's not going to run Crysis LOL

yes use the edit button. And the point is everyone says wii graphics suck so don't buy it. If they were better then everybody would just shut up. Or they can make 2 versions and let people decide.

K I'll use the edit button

It's not always about graphics... Yet the Wii somehow sold alot last year

But with the new price point ($199) it's still competing against a HD Gaming Console (Xbox 360)

So all they want to do is bring HD in as the $199 price point can be justifiable

Cause a Wii is like a PS2 with motion controls... and a PS2 only cost $99 and the motion controllers are $30, Bluetooth module (well you can't apply this one on a PS2 but say you could $20), and the software would be nonethless free as you just program it...(well maybe it will cost somemore)

If the Wii doesn't introduce HD Gaming then it might be forced to lower the price again to $149.99

I know they did but it doesn't matter people want beter graphics unless you sell it for 1 penny nobody cares

K I'll use the edit button

It's not always about graphics... Yet the Wii somehow sold alot last year

But with the new price point ($199) it's still competing against a HD Gaming Console (Xbox 360)

So all they want to do is bring HD in as the $199 price point can be justifiable

Cause a Wii is like a PS2 with motion controls... and a PS2 only cost $99 and the motion controllers are $30, Bluetooth module (well you can't apply this one on a PS2 but say you could $20), and the software would be nonethless free as you just program it...(well maybe it will cost somemore)

If the Wii doesn't introduce HD Gaming then it might be forced to lower the price again to $149.99

read this artical comparing the gamecube with PS2.. Wii is not just a PS2 with motion control.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/086/086984p1.html

from that artical,

But is PS2's CPU with Vector Units really more powerful than Gamecube's? We went to Julian Eggebrecht, president of Factor 5, a developer currently underway with Gamecube projects for a different opinion. "Gamecube's Gekko is the most powerful general-purpose CPU ever in a console. The PowerPC alone is so much better and faster structurally that Gekko not only is much, much faster than the PS2's main CPU but every bit as fast as a 733 MHz Pentium," rebukes Eggebrecht. "Don't forget how extremely powerful the 256K second level cache in Gekko makes Gamecube. The size of a CPU's second level cache determines how fast general game-code runs. The PS2 has a tiny 16K of second level cache, and even the X-Box only has 128K."

In terms of how it performs against PS2's Vector Units, Eggebrecht offers the following: "Gekko is not just a plain PowerPC CPU, it has special commands just for games and has special modes making it possible to run hand-written assembler code very, very fast. We did experiments with particles on Gamecube after the N64, and as opposed to the two weeks it took to get the particle system running and optimized on the vector unit it only took two days on Gamecube.

"Based on our calculations, Gamecube's CPU has all the power PS2's CPU and VU0 have combined and then some. Everything you do on VU1 on the PS2, Gamecube has in hardware in 'Flipper,' the graphics chip. And believe me, when it comes to fill-rate and polygon counts, Gamecube is every bit as good as PS2. Nintendo has chosen not to throw around numbers, but we know those numbers and as opposed to what Naughty Dog might think they are not necessarily lower than PS2's numbers."

Last edited:
Wii HD

Well like 7#####'s point people are now going after graphics and not just gameplay anymore though a majority will always go to gameplay and the Xbox 360 and PS3 offer both great graphics and great gameplay

So Nintendo will be introducing HD gaming to the Wii and maybe some other extras will also be out with it like hopefully a new OS (I don't really like the Wii System Menu) and a new online service to compete against Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network

Also some rumors suggest the "new" Wii HD will also come with a redesigned Wireless Gamecube-style controller (IDK how to call it but a controller with joysticks like the ones on the Xbox 360 and PS3) but it will like always come with a Wiimote and it will be a redesigned Wiimote with MotionPlus built-in

Others suggest the Wii HD will introduce wearing a suit ( hopefully not a ugly, bulky, or stupid one) and directing actions directly to the game by moving your whole entire body (likewise Project Natal)... A lot of people say this is like copying Project Natal....

Meanwhile after the introduction of Project Natal (Xbox 360) Nintendo commented "Project Natal is a great device it almost perfects our design except for one thing, how many games and developers will be willing to redesign their code just to run Project Natal and how stable will Project Natal be? It uses a camera to sense the movements which could lead to incorrect interactions and since the Project Natal device will only cost around $199 the camera might not track so well even the cameras now sometimes make mistakes on tracking faces with face recognition and those cameras cost a full-blown $150 to $200 alone"

@JeremyGTS
Yes true the CPU and GPU of the Gamecube might be more powerful (well from what I'm reading and understanding on your post) but it doesn't have the memory to utilize it's power... just like the Wii... It's GPU is capable of displaying HD graphics but it doesn't have the memory to back it up and them main memory is a mere 84MB

I think the Wii HD will appear in 2011, and will be a type of Wii/Dsi hybrid.
Making the first time Nintendo launches a multifunction platform for the portable and home users.
Combining motion controls with touch-screen features we will see a new level of interaction in games and software aplications. The motion controls will be far better precise than the actual motion controls including motion+.
Reducing the Wii HD size to a half the size of the Wii, making it light and very portable.
Now, Nintendo teams with Nvidia for the first time to deliver a special advanced 3core CPU/GPU that consume low energy, is highly eficient and can be used in future movile devices. Based on the OpenCL API, support parallel procesing up to 4 gigatexcels and can render graphics from 720p to 1080p (maximum resolution) at 60FPS with full graphics effects. Enough to surpass the actual graphics power of the HD consoles. Support 7.1 sound thanks to the Creative XI-FI chipset and include 1gb of GDR3 memory. The Wii backward compatibility is supported through downloaded games.

This console has a new storage system based in a dinamic compresion method and streaming on a solid state Hard drive of 120GB, supporting fully digital distribution (games and downloable media) and support 3G wireless technology for fastest bandwindth protocol (no more retail distribution to beat the piracy). This device includes a HDMI port, two USB ports, a microphone integrated for voice recognition and a camera (this camera can be removed and can be used at top or botton of your HDTV like the Wii's sensor bar)..
Nintendo plans to introduce later a pair of special glasses to support stereoscopic 3D features in gaming and add-ons for force-feedback. Also Nintendo will reveal his new advanced server infraestructure to support the digital distribution and online gaming. (Nintendo plans to purchase Gaikai the Onlive's competitor to use his advanced streaming tech based in special algorithms to improve the online servers).
About the controls, this device can use the DSi pen for touch screen but also you can use your fingers with two gloves.
Each glove has 4 gyroscopes for accurate motion controls and can interact along the infrared camera (like an improved version of the power glove) and one vitaly sensor, the left glove uses a joypad-stick with five buttons (2 in front and 3 behind) and the right glove uses a D-pad with three buttons, each control has form like a dumbbell and the first buttons work like triggers (like the virtualboy controls), are wireless and can be removed from the gloves and mounted on the console's sides for portable gaming.
This console has only one touchable screen and its size is the same of the DSi XL...
The launch price will be US $299.99

Last edited:
Your description is extremely unrealistic.... base your descriptions on the facts...

From my predictions it will be released by next year because the Wii is lagging in sales and people are going after both graphics and gameplay

Your description is extremely unrealistic.... base your descriptions on the facts...

From my predictions it will be released by next year because the Wii is lagging in sales and people are going after both graphics and gameplay

Well, you requested it. Here are the links:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/09/21/next.gen.nintendo.wii.coming.in.2011/

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/10/21/company.to.make.the.console.less.of.a.toy/

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/10/13/nintendo.said.due.to.use.next.tegra.chip/

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/10/30/nintendo.ds.sequel.may.follow.kindle.model/

The CPU/GPU unit is based on the Nvidia's Fermi tech, a modification of their new mobile GPU, specially designed for the Wii HD, a great secret between Nintendo and Nvidia.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/10/30/nvidia.fermi.details.escape/

If you see hyper-realistic graphics, that's why I think is enough to overcome the xbox360/ps3 graphics, like a high-end PC. I think the people will be surpriced how a device the size of the DSi can output graphics far better than the next-gen consoles in 1080p resolution.
Now, the next revolution is coming... Is expressed in GLOVES, take a look how will be the next-gen Nintendo's motion controllers!!

http://www.talk2myshirt.com/blog/archives/134

glove_controller_small.jpg

peregrine-glove.jpg

control_glove.jpg

peregrine_4_blackjune8.jpg

iPod_VR_glove.jpg

27ypnhd.thumbnail.jpg

3245258723_635fb24228_o.jpg

Because, you see not only a pointer in the Wii's menu, not only a hand. Is a hand with a glove, Mario uses gloves in his hands and Mickey too...
You know what I mean, Nintendo loves the gloves!!

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Back