New Wii old downloads?

Grant Mart said:
But you shouldnt get the games
you broke the last console its entriely your fault

why shouldnt he get the games he paid for them. thats why microsoft and sony allow you to redownload. the purchases u make have nothing to do with the system wether you voided your warranty or not.

if you have a nintendo.com or co.uk account and it was linked to your wii then you should have all your games just re-link your account and i think everything that you had you can download thwm again for free but i'm not sure

Niwa said:
I think that you only get a warranty if you buy one when you purchase the system. Then if you register it you get an extended month or something.

It's the standard Nintendo warranty. It's all over the paperwork that come with the system and on their website too. It's not anything extra you have to buy.

Ok here is an update.

Both my old and new Wii's are registered under mynintendo.com. My profile shows all the games that I have purchased.

I decided to just call up Nintendo and talk to somebody. This was actually very easy to do and I talked to an AMERICAN!!!!! She said normally they dont replace games but since I had so many and my accounts are all legit her superivisor is going to see if there is a way to get my games on my new wii without having to pay for them again. I should hear back from them tonight or tomorrow.

I have 9 VC games. Came out to like $70 or something.

Apparently Nintendo doest give a rats ass about their customers. I am out all that money and they wont refund it. Another reason why the Wii sucks.

The tricky part of this situation is that you are essentially trying to transfer your purchases from one Wii to another. There's really no way for them to know for sure that your original Wii is no longer functional. For all they know, you're just trying to get a duplicate set of free VC games onto another Wii. It is a tricky situation from a customer service perspective. Perhaps if you offered to send your broken Wii to them to show that you would still just have one system? Although I'm not sure they would go for that either.

they are not going to do anything about it! Unfortunatly, the amount of prople that would take this piss if they did makes them not! Hope that makes sense.. I know it sucks but can balme people that try to con all the time for that not Nintendo!

Maybe Nintendo should take some tips from Sony and M$ and have a limit of how many times you can redownload from the store. Maybe even just one extra download per game for each account. Oh well no point in crying over spilt milk anymore. This just shows another reason why the Wii really isnt next gen at all.

I'm surprised that Nintendo won't allow you to download the games again. I personally would pressure them a bit and try to work with them on getting the games. See if there is some process you can go through to verify that broken Wii is broken by sending it in. The best thing to do is to be straight up honest. Tell them you dropped it, it broke, you want to send it in and have your old game downloads transfered to your new registered Wii. To me it seems like a fine idea, I mean, Nintendo could fix up the broken one and sell it as refurbished and you already bought a new Wii, obviously you may continue to buy additional games.

Also, there is a surprising amount of misinformation here about the warranty. For the US at least, you get 1 year by default, "for free", and if you register it online you get an additional 90 days. This is all documented with the papers included in the box for the Wii.

Back