new Wii owner

domientius

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
Saturday 13th: received money order from a relaive who owed me money. Sat on until Mondyay to cash it.

Monday 15th: went to cash money order. Post office I stop at doesn' thave enough money to cover it. Dammit. Fiddle around town, decide to check another, smaller post office an hour and a half later... they do have the cash. Cash that baby, head to the city looking for a Wii.

Toys R Us: Nada, sold out.

Game Crazy: expecting shipment later in the day. Manager offers to call other area stores for me. Funcoland has 2(between the Gamestop and EB Mergers, there are already 3 branded Gamestops in that area... 1 remained a Funcoland as it's literally 1/8th a mile away from a Gamestop, and that Game Crazy). Man I hate that chain, but I'll deal with the devil... 5 minutes later, Wii purchased.

Toys R Us: back over to take advantage of the 3 for 2 deal. Grab both versions of Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3.

Game Crazy: back to buy $20 s-video cable.

11 days later. Fiddled with Wii Sports, like it well enough. Almost through TP. I own the Wi-Fi adaptor but it will not install on my PC. Ah well, my PC is getting old and I have a purchase for another better PC lined up. I'll buy a classic controller when I can access VC.

I intend to buy an Xbox 360 at some point. Alan Wake is coming to it and the MS consoles are "PC lite"... they're a good way to play a lot of high-end PC titles without video card upgrades. And I doubt Nintendo will want Postal 3 on the Wii.

I won't touch a PS3. Overpriced garbage. But I am amused by Sony's inability to market this thing wisely after the PS1 and PS2 did so well.

Back