New Wii this Autumn?

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xfloat=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/wiiconsole.jpg[/xfloat]On such a dull rainy day there is nothing better than a bit of hot gossip or rumours to stir the nation.

One particular blog today has it on 'good authority' from a Nintendo rep, that a new version of the Wii will launch in the Autumn.

Apparently the new model will essentially be the same albeit with DVD playback and be avaliable in a variety of different flavours (colours!). They go on to state that a DVD application will be avaliable for download via the WiWare download marketplace and so essentially any owner can get hold of this kinda thing.

But then didn't Nintendo say they didn't want to include DVD playback because EVERYTHING has it now? Well time will tell and we'll go on spreading the rumours far and wide...

Well didn't Nintendo say they couldn't add DVD playback to the Wii's now through a firmware update? But anyway ot would be cool if you could send your Wii to Nintendo and change the color of it, I would rather have black than white. If it was black it would go with my PS3!

I'm more exited about the new colors more than the DVD playback. Well, there's no way I'll be downloading the DVD Channel (if it's true) because I already have a DVD player right next to it. Good find Rob.

i have been wondering what this picture was all about for the longest time..
gcolor2.jpg
i like the white personally, but the new colors all look really good. as for the DVD player being added, i currently have 3 DVD players in my basement, PS2, actual dvd player and my surround sound reciever has a dvd player..
i dont need a fourth but ill probably download it just to say i have it.

uhh, im pretty sure u cant add dvd play back on excisting wiis because the wii doesnt have the dvd reader
so yeah, i think this is fake

the only clour wiis i would have are black white and silver the others look tacky and cheap. the wii had an elegant look but looks more child like now. It sucks that wii owners now cant have the dvd playback

That blog is tarded. Nintendo confirmed over and over this new wii is not happening anytime this year.

And remember back when everyone kept saying you could add DVD playback to the wii with a firmware upgrade and I was one of like 3 people who told everyone it wasn't possible. Ya me to. I'm awesome.

You wouldn't be able to have DVD playback on the original Wiis.

And Vagrant is correct... Nintendo has confirmed the new Wiis wouldn't be out this year...

We'll possibly know more on E3! Hooray

Vagrant..it was at least 4...stop humoring yourself.

meh, hope they don't do like the lite/phat and start ignoring their initial userbase

Brawny said:
meh, hope they don't do like the lite/phat and start ignoring their initial userbase

Hope not - but why would they re-design something that is selling like hot cakes all over the world? This isn't as obvious as it reads [to sell more duh!]...MS shot out XB360 Elite surely to boost h/ware sales, Sony dropped / are dropping production of the core system because of lack of profit - Wii doesn't need or meet either, at the moment anyway!

I know the DS design changed because let's face it - the phat wasn't a great look but Wii......?!?

Its bound to happen

Nes- Nes2
Snes- Snes2
GB- GB Pocket
N64-N64 DD
DS- DS lite
GBA- GBA SP- GBA SP2- GBA Micro
Wii- ???

Of course the GC never had a successor (exept for the gold DVD GC rumored to have been released in Japan)
Or the GBC

The GC successor was the version without the high quality output port. Nintendo had a program where you could send your new GC back to get one with the port for a small fee.

Back