New Wii this Autumn?

I work for a Supermarket on the entertainmnt counter and all 4 store in Hull are stoped selling the wii and i believe it is only about !0 stores in UK selling them. I dont think they will discontinue them not a chance just some places stop selling until stock can be disputed more evenly.

Wolf. said:
I dont want to burst your bubble or anything but didnt they say they are discontinuing the wii cuz the stores aint keepin up in demands for them or is that just a lie?

because quit frankly i hope wii dont get discontinued i still dont have 1 yet.

I don't know where you would EVER hear the Wii would be discontinued. That's ridiculous. The Wii isn't going anywhere for awhile. Stores don't have them because Nintendo can't make them fast enough.

Has any1 ever considered the possibility that it has nothing to do with dvd playback and might be something totally different?

is there any hard proof that it just going to be dvd playback and new colours?

Ahem... When IGN interviewed Miyamoto they asked what he'd like to change about the Wii hardware and all he said was the memory on it. He seems pretty satisfied with the way the Wii is and so I do NOT believe this rumor. Although we'll have to wait for the fall to see if this odd(DVD playback?! Consider mom friendly price out the window Miyamoto. The low price I think was one of your goals? I think thats true.)

Ignore the othe dumb questions they ask or the translation of his laugh(IGN sucks) but yea he mentions nothing about dvd playback as something he wants to change:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/7e6y3pOqm_Y[/MEDIA]

The firmware update/DVD player download would be cool.

Last edited:
thats not fair,i would have waited till then to get me a black one with DVD playback instead of getting one now...would make the wait for super smash bros. seem a lot less painful

I like Wiis the way they are. If they were brought out to be black people would have wanted white. People only want the newest colour.

ciper said:
The account is attached to the system. In other words you will lose your games.

Exactly, why isn't anyone talking about this rather than posting 4 pages worth of arguing back and forth regarding Wii colors or DVD playback? Our VC downloads are also attatched to our 'MyNintendo' accounts, so I suggest that Nintendo allow buyers to keep their VC lineup if they were to replace current Wiis with new ones. Does anyone agree?

SixStringedStress said:
Exactly, why isn't anyone talking about this rather than posting 4 pages worth of arguing back and forth regarding Wii colors or DVD playback? Our VC downloads are also attatched to our 'MyNintendo' accounts, so I suggest that Nintendo allow buyers to keep their VC lineup if they were to replace current Wiis with new ones. Does anyone agree?

There is no method to force deletion and revoke the users license so this is essentially impossible. The only way I know of to transfer accounts current is by sending your Wii to Nintendo.

That's not what I mean. Example: I buy a wii, spend +10,000 wii points on VC stuff. New wiis come out and I wish to replace mine with one of these. Under the current rules, I would have to purchase all my VC stuff once again and place it on the new wii.

I agree with you guys, colors are a craze and DVD playback isn't important to me since I have 2 players I don't use and DVD playback is so common now, I can play them in a car and on a PC. I bought my Wii last night and liked the fact that Nintendo says there is no DVD capability because of the lower price compared to the PS3...etc. That is just my opinion.

I really hope they do not release a new Wii. I would like to know more of the WiiWare though. And I would be interested in the DVD Channel. Has anyone heard of the WiiLive they are bringing out?

Back