new wii won't work

elnoni5

WiiChat Member
Apr 19, 2007
hi all

i've set up my wii properly. on switching it on, white page appears saying i've tried to access some screensaver?! it tells me to check internet connections and gives the option of opening "opera help". however, i do not have a router and my adsl is not even connected, so i don't know how the wii is trying to connect to anything. however, this screen cannot be bypassed. the remote works but nothing is clickable on this screen, even the hyperlinks.

does anyone have any idea what's going on. do you need adsl and a router to own a wii - can't you just use it for games?

thanks

Nintendo is the best place to call for help, if you live in the US the number is 1-800-255-3700...and no you don't need a router to play games.

Call Nintendo...no seriously I don't know what the problem is. You're the only one who probably does so the smart move would be to call the manufacturer. Of course they might be closed by now...

Last edited:
ganton said:
your wii is screwed, call nintendo and get it fixed, for free ( should still be warreny enjoy waiting on the help line dude

For me, it only takes them 1-2 minutes to pick up...btw they're open from 6am to 7pm pacific time...good luck. :D

Back