New Wii?

nirvana92fan

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
I want to get the Wii now, but my brother said that he saw on the news that they will be releasing a newer, better Wii sometime in March. If this is true, then I would centaintly want to wait for that one. But something tell me he's just pulling my leg. Can someone please tell me if he's lying or not.

It is most likely untrue, its just that they will be releasing more colours. It can't really be BETTER. Because all firmware would probably be available for download on the internet.. But Im not too sure.

knowing nintendo they will prolly release some slightly different version next year but not this soon.

Nintendo better not do what they did with the DS. Lol . By bringing out a newer version called the DS lite.

I bought the orignal when it first came out and thought it was great. Then time went on and outcomes the DS lite. I felt cheated out of my hard earned money. Nintendo better not do the same thing as they did to the DS to the wii. Ill go beserk. :incazzato:

The DS lite is jsut a smaller system, since it's a portable, but Wii is just a home system, so no need to make it smaller, and i's already tiny! Compared to it's rivals. (PS3.) So just colours, but you could just get a skin.

-ReWiind. said:
The DS lite is jsut a smaller system, since it's a portable, but Wii is just a home system, so no need to make it smaller, and i's already tiny! Compared to it's rivals. (PS3.) So just colours, but you could just get a skin.
ya, its small enough. any smaller and i might loose it.

colors will be nice, mainly im looking forward to wiimote colors!

Here is my guess...

I think Nintendo will be coming out with new colors. Now the color models will be $249. At this time I believe they will drop the price on the white Wii to $199. I could be wrong, but I'm part psychic! :p

Xanthan said:
Here is my guess...

I think Nintendo will be coming out with new colors. Now the color models will be $249. At this time I believe they will drop the price on the white Wii to $199. I could be wrong, but I'm part psychic! :p
meh i doubt the orig will be cheaper. they just won't make as many.

Ya my bro also said the new model would be cheaper. I think he's crazy though.

FastJunkie said:
i can't imagine a $50 drop right away either

Well considering Sony is losing like $200+ per PS3, and Microsoft was originally losing money on the 360 (I think they just recently started turning a small profit). Nintendo is reportedly making like $40 profit per unit, so dropping it $50 would still give them less of a loss then Sony and Microsoft's console release profit margins. We shall see... *rubs his 3rd eye*

PS: lets not forget the original price target for the Wii was $100, but the price increased as they added faster memory, more expensive chips etc.

Last edited:
-ReWiind. said:
The DS lite is just a smaller system, since it's a portable, but Wii is just a home system, so no need to make it smaller, and i's already tiny! Compared to it's rivals. (PS3.) So just colours, but you could just get a skin.

Yeah the Wii is tiny but still 0wns. It just shows that a console dosent have to have good graphics to attract attention . The wiis graphics suite the system . Here look at the size of it compared to the ps3 :

asdf.jpg

Last edited:
nirvana92fan said:
I want to get the Wii now, but my brother said that he saw on the news that they will be releasing a newer, better Wii sometime in March. If this is true, then I would centaintly want to wait for that one. But something tell me he's just pulling my leg. Can someone please tell me if he's lying or not.

Sorry for the amount of misinformation you have received, as Nintendo has never confirmed releasing any other colors OR a price drop. The only thing confirmed for the future is DVD playback.

Back