New Wiimote straps

wii_cammy

Banned
Feb 6, 2007
In Scotland
Wii Online Code
7340-2535-0641-6266
Nintendo are now puting new wrist straps on to the wiimotes with a lock clasp
We've already seen the Wiimote straps survive one revision, but now it seems that the oft criticized bands that keep your Wiimote from delving into your television screen (or window) could be seeing yet another improvement. Judging by an image showcasing what appears to be a brand new Wiimote wrist strap, Nintendo has added locking clasps in order to keep the controller snug around your wrist. Currently, there's been no word on whether existing Wii owners will be receiving any free upgrades, but considering how few Wiinjury reports we've seen of late, hopefully this precaution is at least somewhat unwarranted.
Source:http://www.engadget.com/

Man people are still swinging like their life depends on it?
Really it doesn't take that much, and I haven't had a problem with mine yet, hell half the time I don't even use it.

i've had no problem, but i have wanted a locking clasp. its more comfortable. whenever i play i have to slide up the thing every 10 seconds. it gets annoying.

never had a problem with the straps at all.....come to think of it i dont even have a little grey stoper on my wiistraps (they came with the nintendo skins, those are the ones im using- the original ones are in my wii box upstairs).

i dont even use the straps at all. but if its free and they come out soon ill take a whole bunch lol

That will be nice. I hate how the little thing always slides down and you constantly have to slide it back up. I always use the strap though, I am extremely careful with all of my electronics, and don't want my Wiimote or my TV to be broken. When people come over they always get pissed because I make them always use the strap and make sure it is tight every once in a while. I don't even let anyone touch my Wii or PS3 since their glossy finish will get scratched.

Same here. I make them use the straps. I still have my launch strap but i've never had not one problem.

Back