New WiiWare game - Pop

Kenji510

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wii Online Code
8193-4915-4160-2184
popgame.jpg

Yet another developer hops on the WiiWare bandwagon. Developer Nnooo has announced they're working on a game called Pop. In the game, the objective is to pop bubbles for as long as you can without running out of time (You can also obtain time extensions, etc.). You can read some more information on Nnooo's official Pop site, here.

Now, commence the bad jokes about the developer's name! Nnooo!

Link: http://www.nnooo.com/games/pop/home.html

Ok... Looks like a simplistic game that people will get addicted to just to get high scores and Nnooo I think it should be something like Noooooooooooooo! we accidentally put in two n's and didn't put in enough o's

looks like a good party game, something for when friedns comeover. Also might be cool for when our bored an just looking for something relaxing.

I could get this but i would pay more than £3.00 for it.

*Coughs loudly*

You stole the limelight...I was just about to post my preview that I done on several forums:lol:

popheader.jpg

Nnooo (pronounced NO!), a startup development studio in Sydney, just shot me an email to let us know about Pop, a game they've got under development for the Wii. Specifically, for the WiiWare service. Interesting! The whole thing's based around popping bubbles by pointing the Wii Remote at them, with the bigger the bubble the higher the score. Sort of like Every Extend Extra or Fantavision, then. But with bubbles. The game supports up to four players on the one console, and some screens are attached below. No word on availability or pricing, sadly.

Ahh, just thought I'd report to you some more of the promised 100 wiiware games and this time, our focus will be on the new game in development by Nnooo, a development studio in sydney, Australia.

medium_1593102184_6a799f6315_o.jpg

In Game image

Basically it is a point and pop kind of game, a serious of bubbles are on the screen and we have to use our trusty wiimote to pop as many as we can. The bigger the bubble, the more the points. Simple idea, yes?

Now I present to you a gameplay image.

medium_1593101230_14533b8e6e_o.jpg

Note the on screen indicator, looks rather, complicated for a point and pop game, the numbers surrounding it lead to assumptions such as zooming in on the bubbles. We are also shown a serious of 0's on the top with P1, P2 etc. above them, which shows how it will deal with multi player, just get more points.

medium_1593100220_b8a933c913_o.jpg

Well Lookie here, a different background colour and player select screen, we even get a sneak peak at game modes.

Timed - This one is obvious, just a full out battle for points.

Puzzle - Not something we would expect from a game like this but in my opinion it will be a small little game, maybe a reveal the picture first kind of thing. Similar to what we saw in the metroid preview channel.

Combo - This kind mean a whole host of things but could it just be a simple timed puzzle?

Oh, did I forget to mention Wi-Fi?

This is all thats known at this point for POP!

Source

Thanks for reading - Cappin'

Look out for more wiiware previews and reviews in future for the Ninty 100!

In this Wiiware will it be online? I have yet to read up on it. Like a leaderboard of top scores would be cool. Like Xbox live Arcade or something.

Wii_Smurf said:
In this Wiiware will it be online? I have yet to read up on it. Like a leaderboard of top scores would be cool. Like Xbox live Arcade or something.

POP has online play, yes.

See, Online makes things better I wouldn't buy that game unless it was online. I have Wiiplay, Not exactly pop but there you go.

Cpt.McCloud... do you know when will this minigame wiiware will be released??.. looks kinda cool and fun and has online too.

Kenji510 said:
Cpt.McCloud... do you know when will this minigame wiiware will be released??.. looks kinda cool and fun and has online too.

WiiWare launches in Japan next March.

Oh ok, so we wont get it till like later on right after japan gets it maybe around summer time or so.

Kenji510 said:
Oh ok, so we wont get it till like later on right after japan gets it maybe around summer time or so.

I think we will receive it around the same time as Japan, they will want this to be a world wide release possibly.

All I have to say about this game is Nnoooooooooo!

I'll stick to free flash games on the internet if all Wii Ware games are like this lol.

sherwood3570 said:
All I have to say about this game is Nnoooooooooo!

I'll stick to free flash games on the internet if all Wii Ware games are like this lol.

Ever heard of Final Fantasy WiiWare?

That'll get your Ninty senses tingling!

Sovieto said:
this is a game youd only play while youre on drugs.

Must buy for Sovieto then?

:wink:

It'll be a cheap time waster, online too...I wont even consider this..

Back