New Year

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
Christmas is over for most of us, so what are you scallywags doing New Years Eve?

My family always have a party in my house for new year and this year will be the same =] The boyf should be coming down to experience it all for the first time too so yay! Not much family come, it's mainly friends of the family like our next door nighbours and such.. also hoping to go to town after.

New Years day there's a new tradition in my family that we do something together. Last year we all went ice skating and the year before that was go karting. This year we're either going skiing, (we want to go to one with fake snow, but there are none near us) paintballing, or bowling. I want to go paintballing because I never have and I missed out going in the summer because I was working =/

So yeahhh, what are your plans?

i'm going to north carolina to visit my brother & his family, he just got back from iraq.

i'll be without my wii over a week =[

Nothing special, just alcohol...in large volumes...

cassieboo said:
i'm going to north carolina to visit my brother & his family, he just got back from iraq.

i'll be without my wii over a week =[

Take it with you!

surfinrach90 said:
Take it with you!

i was planning on it. then when my mom told my brother that i got one and was bringing it he told her i couldn't. i guess because his kids already want one [he has 4 kids] & if i bring it up there they are gonna want to play and then beg for one. so yea, i'm not allowed. i almost don't want to go anymore. haha.

Already startin'
This 40 will be gone soon...
life sucks

DRMARIO said:
We use to have parties for new year's eve all the time..However we've not had one for a while, so this year we are.
Depending on whethere we can book them, we're going to have a band playing in our dining room, and have a fantastic party..as per usual XD

That's fecking awesome. The closest our party gets to a live band is drunk Filipinos on kareoke.

For New Years I'm going to be doing the same thing as our family does every year for the past 20 or so. We are going down to my grandparent's house and sleeping over for the night. The only thing about it that I don't like is that in Irish tradition (70% of my blood is Irish), at the New Year, you have to eat Herring straight outa some jar for good luck or something.

Ironically, three New Year's ago, my aunt's Potasseum (sp?) was extremely low and she passed out around 2:00A.M., New Year's Day, when she was getting a glass of water. She fell backwards, split the back of her head wide open and spent a week in the hospital.

She's good now. I guess she didn't eat enough Herring :lol:

Paaaaarrrrrtttttyyyyy!!! :lol:
Seriously, all my family members usually bundle into my uncle's house (he has a massive house), where we have a party to celebrate the coming New Year. I don't think that will change this year either. :lol:

Back