Newb question..go easy...

puckbag

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2008
Wii Online Code
7030-0971-0717-7041
Can the wiimote and nunchuks be used for all games or is it necessary to buy the classic nintendo remote i see advertised? Thanks.

the classic remote is used for virtual console games thatu can buy in the wii shop channel. But it can also be used for some wii games. so no its not necessary

The classic controller is only needed for some of the Virtual Console games. But you can also use a GameCube controller for those games if you have one of those.

yes...almost all games just require the wiimote and the nunchuk....some games just require the wiimote alone....some games on the VC require the classic to play games if you dont have a GC controller

Well the Wiimote is needed for all games (except Game Cube games).

The nunchuck is an extra attachment that most games use. The classic control is another attachment that probably won't have much use in Wii games, but will be needed for most VC games.

branandlee has a good point. A lot of the VC games are optimized for the classic controller, so it's definitely worth picking up at some point if you're going to play VC games.

so..if I wanted to play a game like Madden 08 I would need a classic controller?

If your confused with what to use, look on the back of the game case in the upper right corner, it shows what controller's can be used.

Classic controller is a good idea if you plan on buying many Virtual Console games.

the Classic controller is not "needed" for Any wii game as of yet...

All VC games can be played with the wiimote or the GC controller

wii games can all be played with the Wiimote
GC games played with GC obviously..

the classic is just an extra controller that will work better with some games, "specially some VC games" than the wii mote or GC...
and it also can be a controll option for alot of Wii games but it is not required and i doubt it ever will be.....

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole
scroll down, read, learn.... ha ha

Back