*Newbie Alert* I've got a ?

polkaroo

WiiChat Member
Feb 17, 2008
I'm on the prowl for a Wii. I'm pretty sure I'll have one purchased by the end of the week. I need to know what I need in order to hook in up to my 50" HD TV. I'm pretty new to all this HD stuff but I want the Wii to look good on my TV. I'm going to start buying the stuff I need for it and games (YAY guitar hero!). Any help of what I need and some good games that a girl would like would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Amy

I would pick up a set of component cables for your TV to get the most out of the Wii. Also I would get a wireless router for your computer if you don't already have one , so you can connect to the internet. And some accessories you may wanna pick up is another nunchuck and wiimote , and also the classic gaming pad if you want to download any old games off the virtual console.... just my .02

Thanks for the info!

I saw the Nintendo is selling the component cables. Do I need to buy those or can I buy a cheaper version?

I would say go for something cheaper. Shouldn't be hard to find some good cheap ones.

Damn they always throw in a few decent games and then a bunch of crap. If you can be sure you can return the games you don't want then why not I guess :p

It would be a goof deal if it was in stock available online. But the staple games you might wanna look into is : Zelda Twilight Princess , Metriod prime 3 , Super paper mario , super mario galaxy.:yesnod:

Skorp said:
I would say go for something cheaper. Shouldn't be hard to find some good cheap ones.

I'm not so sure I agree with Skorp here. I was in the same situation as the OP and decided to go with the Nintendo branded cables. Mad Catz sells products I WILL NOT purchase. Monster Brand is OK if you can find a Wii version.

I would go for the Nintendo component cables so your Wii will output 480p (opposed to 480i without cables). You're always guaranteed quality with Nintendo's products. This is just my opinion, but I usually don't like to by 3rd Party accessories, but if you feel that you'd like to get them cheaper then go ahead.

Components are the best but the RCA (composite) cables that come with it look pretty good

Back