Newbie needing help

ScottioUK

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2011
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some help (hope I'm allowed to post this here?)

Want to buy a Wii for my kids (5 & 4 yrs) and wonder what the best deal and accessories to buy are.

Ideally, I want to buy a pack which allows the family to play some games together (Mario Kart, Wii Sports or Party) as well as individually (Mario Galaxy)

- should I buy the Sports pack or Mario Kart pack
- but how many remotes would I need? 4?
- And I'm guessing I would need steering wheels x 4
- and how many nunchucks? 4?
- and what are the best games to get for the family?
- my daughter (5) and wife like the idea of karaoke, what's the best titles to get?

All in, I'd like to spend circa £200-£250, but no idea where to start. Surfing the web just causes confusion as I have no idea whether or not I wait until nearer Xmas, whether or not I should go for Motion Plus (???) etc

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
ScottioUK

Welcome to the forums, Scottio. I think we can help ya. =)

I personally would recommend the Mario Kart bundle over the standard Wii with Wii Sports. Mario Kart is still a high priced game even when it's already used because it's so popular, so you'll save a bit by getting Mario Kart Wii with the bundle, and buying Wii Sports as a separate game. Wii Sports is probably dirt cheap by now.

I would imagine you've a family of four, so yes, you'll need four Wii Remotes if you wish to all play games together.

The Mario Kart steering wheels are completely unnecessary to the game, believe it or not. It's just a piece of plastic, an accessory that might make youngin's enjoy the game more. If your budget's being pushed, you could certainly buy two for just the little ones.

If you'll be buying four player games that do use the Nunchuk (Wii Sports Resort, for example), then it'd be a good idea to buy four Nunchuk.

I'm not too knowledgeable on family-friendly games admittedly, hahah. I'm sure someone else could recommend some good family games, of course.

The Motion Plus is used for even fewer games than the Nunchuk, and buying four can certainly crank up the total cost. I'd imagine the only two games you'd consider getting for the family that do use it, are Wii Sports Resort (a beefed up version of normal Wii Sports) and New Carnival Games. There're plenty of other entertaining games out there, so you might not want to spend so much extra just to play two games.

Hope this answered your questions clearly. :)

Thanks

Hi SSB

Thanks for the suggestions - we are a family of four and makes sense to opt for the Mario Kart bundle as I'd imagine this (plus Sports) is where the bulk of the time will go.

I had no idea so few games actually use Motion Plus, so will look into a 4 remote option instead (plus nunchucks of course).

Sure I'll have some more questions as time goes on, so look forward to continued help.

Many Thanks
Scottio

^^^Spam? lol that's a first.

When we got our + attachments, literally the very next day they started selling them built in. I just kind of figured it would be standard for all new motes to have + onboard. Looking at Amazon the Wii remote+ is pretty damn expensive. You can get a new regular wiimote and a nunchuck for $14 but for just a wiimote + its $35. Might of got these links mixed. x4 :crazy:...

I did test out Goldeneye w/o Motion+ and holy crap its a huge difference. I couldn't even keep the cursor on screen.

Back