Newbie needs Wi-Fi help!

Away8907

Broke his Wii already
Dec 25, 2006
Alright, I hate making my first post on any forum a cry for help, and especially hate posting a question that has been posted countless times before, and found in stickys.... But here goes.

My Wii was connecting to my Netgear WGR614 v6 without a hitch up until 2 days ago. I never had a problem with Wii Shop, Forecast, or for the 2 days it worked, Internet Channel. Then, one day It would not connect. I've tried everything, here's a list.

Reformat Wii
Upgrade/Downgrade Router Firmware
Full manual setup
Setting the Wii in DMZ of router
Assigning Wii specific IP address

Rinse repeat x100, and you can understand my anger.

Now, I've tried everything I can personally think of (I work on PC's and networks professionally so I have a bit of a clue what I'm doing :) ), and have searched and followed all directions I have found on the internet. Could it just be bad luck and my router have gone bad? The Wii detects the router, but will not pass a connection test. Ever.

Codes I've gotten

Should I just try a new router, or could it be a problem with the Wii itself?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm glad to be a member of the forum now!

dont know i got a linksys wrtg and what ever and been conected to 24 since i think thursday but yesterday i think it was i could not connect it gave a massega cant connect to wii 24 or somting but today it all works again

also first time i hooked wii to the i net i had to unplug modem and router cuas i had conection errors :s

Hate to give you this link but...go here. Then scroll down and you'll see that router "Rarely connects successfully to the service." Now that's for v4 and 5, so I don't know about v6 so maybe you're not completely screwed. For explanations on those error codes, go here.

Hope that clears some stuff up and good luck.:(

Thanks for the help so far, I had noticed that the netgears seemed to have issues, but the fact that it worked fine for 3 weeks and all of the sudden stopped leads me to believe that something broke. I hope its not my Wii, though warranty shouldnt be an issue with Nintendo... I might go pick up another router today anyway, so if that solves the problem I'll be sure to post it.

Away8907 said:
Thanks for the help so far, I had noticed that the netgears seemed to have issues, but the fact that it worked fine for 3 weeks and all of the sudden stopped leads me to believe that something broke. I hope its not my Wii, though warranty shouldnt be an issue with Nintendo... I might go pick up another router today anyway, so if that solves the problem I'll be sure to post it.

any update to this?

Back