Newbie to animal crossing and the DS

Ironford

WiiChat Member
Oct 23, 2007
First of all whats the usual age group that plays this lol im 25 and i feel kinda too old playing this game but we'll see. ok, now thats out of the way....

Anyways i just bought a DS, i really wanted the new mario and mario kart but they were sold out, ive heard animal crossing was a lot of fun from different online reviews so i bought it.

Either way, what is the point of this game? How is the online play? What is the point of the online play?

From what i read in the owners manual you have to either open your gates or travel to a friends house that you know. So once you go to his place what does it do? How do you bennifit?

Basically i just want to know the gist of the game and the gist of the WiFi play.

Also can you go on and off different online modes from different games? I went online with metroid prime hunters and it asked to save the settings so i did, then i read somewhere once you save the settings from one place you can't use them to another? i didn't really understand it, do you know what im talking about?

either way thanks

I'll try my best to get all these question effeciently and keep it short but there are a lot of questions haha.

Animal Crossing is just to have a second life get a cool house, develop friendships with the crazy neighbors. Do whatever you want whenever you want. Online Mode you go to another friends house and you hang out. Talk, fish, trade items, pretty much whatever. Plus you can get items not found currently at your shop at his or vice versa. Get some different kinds of fruit from his house and plant them at your town get a crazy variety of trees and plants. (Selling diff fruits gets you more money.) This game is incredibly deep and you will be hard pressed to find another hand held game with some much stuff to do and collect.

For online you must have exchanged friends codes. So after you do that and have your online setting set. You have three settings boxes so you can switch between them whenver you want. Normally when you put in a new game, you won't have to set up online again. Hope that helps if i missed a question just pm i'll be glad to help.

Back