Nov 20, 2006
Reno, NV
Wii Online Code
5552-5279-6247-6288
Source:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=10032
http://www.destructoid.com/wii-strap-on-now-built-for-speed-28478.phtml

wriststrap2.JPG

They heard the fanboy cries. They witnessed the crashing horror. And now, Nintendo has come to the aid of many a Wiitard. Behold, a new Wii strap, built to withstand even the most adept Wii tugger (too ... many ... puns ... must ... stop). So, fear not Wiitards, Nintendo has brought around the short bus and is ready to take you on a magical ride.

Last edited:
Mitch2025 said:
any way to have them send one? i would feel much safer with that strap

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. What about us people who were in line for 14 hours to get one? Do we have to buy them? They should be cheap as hell if we do.

DrYou said:
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. What about us people who were in line for 14 hours to get one? Do we have to buy them? They should be cheap as hell if we do.

Hell I think they ought to send it to us Wii users for free. The straps can't cost that much to make and Nintendo should to avoid more lawsuits and the like. I have no problem with my strap yet but like Mitch said, I'd feel much safer with that strap.

Why should they send them free?

They clearly warn you multiple ways to not use the wiimote innapropriately. If you refuse to do as they say, it is really noones fault but your own if an accident happens.

They just did that for the idiots who literally threw the remote 90 mph in baseball and so on. Not really all that useful to me because i found an easier fix.

Anybody with the new strap? (Euro and aussie gamers more likely to have them, and people who got a remote with wii-play apparently) Comeon you know you want to test it out, launch the damn thing! (Just not infront of your tv incase) ;)

But seriously ign or someone should test out how strong they are now

Well I haven't either. I don't know why it would ever leave my hand in the first place while playing but I'm just saying. I would feel better with the stronger strap.

Well there’s not really a "come close". You either throw it or you don't. Nintendo put a strap on them for a reason and the strap they provided is insufficient. It is now fixed. Anyone who calls people stupid but uses the wrist strap is contradicting themselves.

Back