nexgenwars.com

WiiZero

Game Wiizard
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
5435-9829-5121-8955
http://www.nexgenwars.com/

It has a real-time counter now I don't know how accurate it is but Wii seems to be selling 2 consoles every time 360 sells 1 PS3 is selling faster than 360

Also there is a new chart showing that 360 sales are decreasing and Wii sales are increasing they are getting pretty close now and the Market share is changing a lot

yeah, i voted for the wii to win there awhile ago, im not quite sure how accurate the #s are, but they seem pretty close.

I wonder how that works...? How do they know when to increase the numbers....? Just random guessing? :/

ssbb_lover said:
I wonder how that works...? How do they know when to increase the numbers....? Just random guessing? :/

there is a link either above or below the graphs , click it and it tells you how they get the information etc.

lee.jarratt said:
there is a link either above or below the graphs , click it and it tells you how they get the information etc.
Oh, thanks, :)
Didn't realize that. :/

Ahh I saw this the other day, says at the bottom:

'Remember, these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii.'

Interesting, whilst looking at the graph:
graph.php

The 360 dips down. They could be returns, but I'm just not sure. The data seems to update every 3 secons or so, so I think it's got some sort of automatic updater.

Of course, what isn't shown on the graph, is what the time scale is.

I'm cautious of believing the sales figures. Although, I'm pretty sure, they should be around the 6 mill mark for the Wii...

surfinrach90 said:
Ahh I saw this the other day, says at the bottom:

'Remember, these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii.'

I find it so annoying, When general gaming sites and console news sites refer to the 3 big consoles, they always put Wii last. As if they really want one of the other 2 consoles to win the console war or like that console the best.
Its being bugging me for a while...

lee.jarratt said:
I find it so annoying, When general gaming sites and console news sites refer to the 3 big consoles, they always put Wii last. As if they really want one of the other 2 consoles to win the console war or like that console the best.
Its being bugging me for a while...
There again, it could be a case of the order of release (in Japan, I think the PS3 was released first).

Certainly possible with nexgenwars considering it's tallying up sales figures.

Though it would be better if they were to order them in how many sales each console has - makes it easier to compare.

Where do the numbers come from?

The console sales numbers you see on the front page of NexGen Wars are estimates, and are not intended to represent exact, down to the minute sales as only Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony know the exact sales figures of their respective consoles. What we do here at NexGen Wars is compile numbers from NPD, Media Create, ChartTrack, as well as various other sources. We then take these numbers and, based on past sales trends, extrapolate the numbers out to give as close to real-time estimates as possible. Again, these are only estimates, but we are confident in our ability to bring you accurate and unbiased sales figures. Not only do we extrapolate the numbers out so they don't lag months behind with the official sales numbers, but we also update the numbers when new official numbers have been released to keep our estimates as accurate as possible.

Back