NFS carbon

jessetheinferno

Virtual Console Addict
Dec 24, 2006
missoula, mt
Wii Online Code
8939-6293-6641-5032
i just got need for speed carbon this morning, and i love it.

for anyone that likes street racing, cool cars, or even just realistic racing games in general, this is a must have... i highly recommend it.

Missoula huh, Great Falls here. I bought this game and I was kind of disappointed because I expected the controls to be a little better. That control scheme where you control with the remote as a steering wheel is hard as hell! I wish there were better control schemes or even a Gamecube steering wheel option.

steering wheel would be cool, but honestly, i got used to the steering control pretty fast... it was clunky at first, but after an hour or so, i got the hang of it

The controls were evil to start with, having the stupid Nunchuk conected making it hard to hold.

After a day or two I now love the controls and having compared it to the XBox360 version te graphics are identical but it feels more realistic to hild the control on the Wii.

Its not realistic racing, more arcady but its addictive and I love collecting, modding and going things up so my sort of game.

Love cars aswell that might help.

Best racing game out on the Wii can't wait for the Island and hopefully online play as I'm jealous of PGR on my bros 360.

ShawVAuto said:
Missoula huh, Great Falls here. I bought this game and I was kind of disappointed because I expected the controls to be a little better. That control scheme where you control with the remote as a steering wheel is hard as hell! I wish there were better control schemes or even a Gamecube steering wheel option.

Totally agree that the game should have supported a GC or the Classic controller.

when i said realistic, i meant in the sense that its real cars and such, (not like mario cart or diddy kong racing, not that those games werent great)

and i havent used the nunchuck yet... it said i needed it but i didnt like it plugged in when i was driving, so i unplugged it and havent found any reason why to have it in..... ?

The set up I found that I really like... is haveing the nunchuck for steering with the thumb and useing the wiimote for throttle/brake and the other stuff.
I could not get the hang of steering with just the wiimote. too use to having my left thumb steer :)

I was a fan of the NFS series, back when High Stakes was around. after Underground came out, I was finished. The modifications were ugly and the NFS series was not what it used to be. About Carbon, for the Wii, no way, I'd get Exite Truck or wait for Mario Kart. I guess it's all in what you like. The steering part of the game never wound me up, don't know why. If I want to steer, I'll just play Charge! on WiiPlay.

i couldnt imagine using the thumbstick to drive its d-pad or steering wheel for me but the e-brake with nunchuck and wiimote throttle seem cool...
it took me a few races to get the hang of steering with wiimote.. but its way easier to get the hang of if you actually drive a car IRL... the ***** part about it is if you use manual i always switch my view when i upshift which is a ***** cause i hate the outside car view. so far great game im on wolf then i have to do the red area and i will own the city!

I STILL DONT GET WHAT THE NUNCHUCK IS FOR IN THE GAME

im playing without it, and it doesnt seem like im missing anything

The Nunchuck in the game only spins your car around when you want to update it with new parts & such thats the only thing I found out that it does.

wow, yeah i found that out, but you would think they could find a way around the nunchuck, it being used so little...

i keep it unplugged most of the game, find it more comfortable to steer

Ya the controls are hard to start with (for me-.-)

I always hold wii remote on my left hand to control speed, and nunchuck on the right hand

i use the original control setup which apprantly is meant to be really hard, however im now breezing through the game with no difficultly controler wise.

Back