Nhl 08 Gameplay Suggestions (please Read This Ea!!!)

WiiTim said:
BTW: any comments on the optional automatic or manual stickhandling with the wii remote?

yeah, should be optional. some hotshots will want it. beginners will get tired of it.

At one point I saw the NHL 08 had a release date of September 19, but no it's gone. Maybe it's harder to develop than many think, because of the controls.

Why are there so many hockey fans in this board?

WiiZero said:
1st off EA will not read this hate to break it to you second I don't think EA should make Madden 08 it's better with a regular controller

Youshouldtalklikethisitsfaster

Last edited:
do you really think EA would use this? all you put down were controls for checking and fighting. congratulations.

Slightest chance that EA would use this, but the very first game hockey for the Wii will be looked at by many under the microscope and will also reflect on the Wii's reputation. I still have many friends who won't dare touch the Wii, because they are adamant the controls are bad.
Yes, fighting and checking are suggestions I've made, but I hope I've gotten people to start thinking about other aspects of the gameplay as suggestions.

If there is manual stickhandling, they should add a slight rumble effect in the wii remote to simulate the puck hitting the stick giving the feeling of actually having control of the puck.
For NHL 08, having interchangeable chuk and remote for left and right handed shooters / stick handlers wil be great for the 75% hockey lefties. (i.e. chuk in right hand and remote in left hand for left handed shooters.)

I just want people to start thinking outside the box, b/c the Wii has so much more to offer, and developers will make new games based on customer demands and feedbacks.

As long as they let me play with a classic controller. I'd much rather play these kind of games with those...

ilikecookies said:
I would love to see hockey come to the wii but it is hard to make the controlls, it's going to be "neat" to see how they do if it comes.

p.s. the goalie idea would rock

In Nhl 07 on Xbox 360, when you go on select sides you can choose who you wanna be. Itried being goalie it's sick. If NHL 08 ever comes on the Wii which I hope it will they should put that select sides, goalie thing on

I've heard rumours that there will be an NHL 08 for the wii but as to when it will be released/information about the game is unknown. Also Tim I highly doubt that they would take this thread/posts into consideration if they do plan on making a game. Sorry, but I would just leave it to them. As for what I would like to see is the option to play as a goalie, moves etc. If they came up with that I would be in heaven. :)

Side note:

Something I would consider reading the forum rules. Spamming/posting messages under five words isn't allowed.

I thought of a new feature that hasn't been said yet...or maybe it has, I'm just too lazy to go back and re-read everything. Anyway, wouldn't it be cool if you're able to deflect shots? Like, you pass it up to your point, he takes a shot, and it automatically defaults you to one of your forwards near the net...then, it'd be your job to "deflect" the puck with the wiimote at just the right timing? There are a LOT of different ways this game can be controlled, but whatever way EA (or whoever) decides to make the controls, they better make sure they have them down to PERFECTION. If the controls are sloppy and don't feel tight, it'll never catch on.

If NHL 08 is coming too the Wii I think it will come out later than the the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions cause EA needs to perfect all the different controls

Back