NHL on Wii, possible ?

TheDamned

Come play with my Wii...
Jan 10, 2007
Montreal
Wii Online Code
8384-8503-5343-4339
Was wondering if you guys think it's possible to port an hockey game on the Wii ? Would be pretty insane.

probly. use the nunchuck to move, swipe the wiimote to shoot. might not be a good hockey game coming out till the developers get up to speed wiht the system like people have talked about in previous threads. so you can actually aim where you shoot by swinging in a certain direction instead of any swipe movements doing the same move (zelda)

nhl on wii will be SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKK
just use the wiimote to control and strike the ball...

too difficult......how you poke check? hit? dive? block? speed burst? deke? faceoff?

could be done , but not everybody could play...

Drizzt

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
too difficult......how you poke check? hit? dive? block? speed burst? deke? faceoff?

Drizzt

The Wii Remote does have buttons you know. I really hope they make NHL 08 for the Wii. I'm a huge hockey fan.

Drizzt Do'Urden said:

Drizzt

Simple -
speed burst could be C
hit could be like hitting someone with your gun on Call of Duty -- or a big hit on Madden
poke check could be swing your nunchuk forward.
faceoff = A

So many possibilites with the Wiimote -- but with that kind of gameplay, I'm guessing the nunchuk cord would get annoying.

I'm a big NHL fan as well, i think it's definetly possible to make a Wii version of NHL 08, controls might be a little iffy, but i own Madden 07 and it works perfect. I hope EA does make a game this fall.

Ah. NHL 08. Like the sound of this. It would be great to get NHL on the Wii. Let's hope.

mk_south_london said:
nhl on wii will be SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKK
just use the wiimote to control and strike the ball...

I dont know about in the UK but in canada we shoot the puck. Not strike the ball.

I hope NHL 08 is on the Wii, i was mad when NHL 07 was not on gamecube. Did NHL games not sell well on gcube?

The reason I bought the Wii was mainly for sports games. If they don't put NHL 08 on Wii, I might just sell my Wii and buy an XBox 360.

Last edited:
Sillyhat said:
The reason I bought the Wii was mainly for sports games. If they don't put NHL 08 on Wii, I might just sell my Wii and buy an XBox 360.

That sounds like what a pittsburgh penguins fan would do..joking man. I respect em. Ill be really mad if they dont, but i dont know if its so bad as to sell my Wii.

NHL titles were published for the GC, and EA is well-known for bringing all its sports titles to most consoles out there, y do you think there won't be any NHL titles on the Wii? Not to mention that EA has seen the possibilites of the machine, they know they can make money from it(it is the best selling console by now after all), and they will in every possible way. I mean Madden did show the public that some EA studios can really do their job right...

i sure hope they come out with one. i was pissed when 07 wasn't on the cube. playing it on the pc isn't nearly as fun. always some bug that crashes the games as i've known for the previous games to happen. windows is notorious for that.

Back